News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

LUME colors on Zodiac Super Sea Wolf

Started by abushman, July 05, 2010, 07:55:17 PM

abushman

Does anyone know what the superluminova color was used (if it was used) on the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 1000M Divers Watch? I saw on a site that it was C3 as light-yellow yet on  another site it said light-green.   I just picked up item 290451023166 on ebay and it looks like it could use some touching up.

Nalu

The modern SSW is going to be hard to match for a couple of reasons:

1. It was originally lumed with tritium, which is NLA. It will take a lume maestro like Jack or Kent Parks to match the lume on a partial relume and I'd wager they would recommend getting the whole thing re-done if you really want the lume to match.

2. I have two SSWs, both of which seem to have different-colored bezel lume. The earlier one is more yellowish (as the one you bought looks to be)

whilst the later one seems to be more greenish:

As you can see, my bezel also needs touching up but I've left it for now for the above reasons.

Searching for a Zodiac Libra!

abushman

Thanks for the info!  By the way those are the most awesome incredible pictures I've ever seen of watches.  From the copyrights I assume you shot those. 
Beautiful!!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign