News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

WTB-Aerospace GMT w/ silver dial, 1967-1971 vintage

Started by incountry, October 26, 2012, 12:01:20 AM

incountry

I purchased my original Aerospace GMT in a PX in Vietnam in 1967.  While I was still in the Army my father brought the watch to a jeweler to have it serviced because it had condensation in it and it was not keeping correct time.  As you can see from the photo, when the watch was returned to me it no longer appeared as it it did originally.  In addition to replacing the dial face and hands I have also been told that the original movement has been replaced with one that does not support the GMT function.  I would like to purchase another GMT of similar vintage so I can retire my original "foxhole watch" yet still wear one that connects to that time in my life.
Thanks in advance for any help.

jon p

:wtf  too bad it was long ago, that watchmaker ruined your watch!!! those are sea wolf hands, probably a SW movement also. i am not sure about the dial, looks like a GMT dial with script removed!!  i cant believe a professional person did that. GMTs are always for sale, though the silver dials are harder to find, they are out there. good luck in your search. be sure to check the for sale part of this site, a lot of NICE watches for sale.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign