News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

WTT Omega for Zodiac

Started by Cobber, September 19, 2012, 11:01:21 AM

Cobber

I couldn't find anything in the rules specifically ruling out this sort of transaction.  I'm interested in knowing if this would be kosher.  I figured I'd post in the General discussion area in case any other forum users would like to comment and also because I didn't want to distract from actual listings in the sales forum. 

One thought occurred to me that may argue against it and that would be the possibility of too many crapped up non Zodiacs being posted for trade by dreamers living in la la land.  In an effort to avoid this, maybe limit this type of transaction to Team Members (just a suggestion and maybe not necessary) and only as long as it's a trade for a Zodiac.

My interest isn't just a hypothetical one.  If this is allowed I will post details and photos of the Omega.

Butch

You can use the For Sale to facilitate a swap, why not? "Willing to trade a Seamaster for a Sea Wolf", blah, blah, blah.

I like it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

What Omega are you looking to trade?

smithrjd

I would be interested as well, depends on what Omega and which Zodiac.

Cobber

It's a De Ville from aprox. 71'.  Gold plated case and bracelet (original) with silver face.  Case is in pretty good condition with one spot where the plating has a "fracture" line.  Not noticeable really while it's being worn.  Dial is pristine.  Has the original crystal with the Omega logo dead center (visible with a loop) in excellent condition.  Not a highly collectible model but very nice nonetheless. When I get time I'll list it in the FS forum with more details and pictures. 

I'm interested in many different Zodiac models with the possibility of money going either way depending on the trade.  I like the watch a lot but it never gets worn and I would prefer to focus on Zodiacs.  It did have a service approx. 1 year ago and is working well. 

I'm not sure if I'll assign a dollar value to it as of yet.  There are Zodiac models out there that I would consider more valuable than what they routinely sell for and I don't want to scare anyone away from making an offer.

smithrjd

The Deville is not the most collectable. Quartz or automatic, calender or not. Plated less than gold or SS. Really depends on the watch. Original band is a good thing. Last service also important. Looking forward to the pictures. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign