News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Old Astro for parts?

Started by szabgab, October 22, 2012, 10:13:14 AM

szabgab

Hi all,

I saw this one on the bay 300798156604.

I know, it is from an Indian vendor (-1 point) it looks ugly and polished (-1 point) the hands are... well most likely made out of tin foil, the back of the watch is probably unoriginal as is the crown and sports a fugly leather strap (I suppose all of these -100 points). Now, according to the seller the dial is original (and blue) and the movement works OK. What would you think, how much is some pile of junk with a 'good' dial and a 25j movement is worth? (To be honest, I would need only the movement, or part of it).

Thank you guys,

Gabriel

P.s.: and one that had a possible astro past 230776158559 ;)

Butch

I would think that you can expect to pay about $50 for a Zodiac movement through a donor watch. But someone else may think that watch is worth a lot more than that. (Or at least the seller will!!)

In Sept. I got lucky and only paid $38, delivered, for a cal. 72 in a beat to shit, faded dial, very worn gold plated Corsair with an aftermarket crown and a cracked crystal.

It is what it is. The prices of Zodiacs, even the obviously shot models (your first #) or ones that are not original (your second #) seem to be bringing prices that astound even I.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

szabgab

Hi Butch, thanks for the swift reply. Looking at the movement, do you think it is in any good shape? The cogs are of strange colour...

Butch

Sorry, not my area of expertise. I can see that it is a worn movement though, but most anything can be repaired.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

szabgab

Woa... at the end somebody must have thought this pile to be worth quite a lot (125 USD in fact). You were right Butch, people are crazy :)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign