News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

90s sea wolf quartz

Started by jon p, October 30, 2010, 11:31:44 AM

jon p

:P :o   WOW--  ebay# 390256810653    $585.00 BIN ! i have the same one but automatic in mint condition with all band links. i paid $195.00 on ebay and for 6 months the guy kept trying to buy it back--wonder what it is worth!? NICE full size, very comfortable to wear and really sharp looking with perfect gold trim. i understand that this model is prone to problems with the screw down crown so i am VERY careful with it.

Sea Wolf

I would never pay that much for a quartz model.  I have seen this one for almost a month now and it's not sold yet.

I'd like the auto model like you have.  Where are your photos of this watch you have?  Can you give us a wrist photo with it?
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

What is this thing you have with seeing men's wrists Sea Wolf?

:-*
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Sea Wolf

All these fancy watch stands and such that I do not have...  ::) :-\
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

LMAO! We'll have to see what we can do about that then, huh?

jon p

:D sea wolf--i would like to show a picture but i just havent figured out how to post photos, i am computer dumb and only have a 6 year old basic computer. maybe some day i can get the hang of it ! i think the movement in mine is an ETA 2824, probably 25 j but i have never removed the back so dont know for sure. the automatics dont surface often. guess everyone who has one is holding on to them.  JON P

Sea Wolf

Quote from: jon p on October 30, 2010, 12:38:31 PM
:D sea wolf--i would like to show a picture but i just havent figured out how to post photos, i am computer dumb and only have a 6 year old basic computer. maybe some day i can get the hang of it ! i think the movement in mine is an ETA 2824, probably 25 j but i have never removed the back so dont know for sure. the automatics dont surface often. guess everyone who has one is holding on to them.  JON P

Jon, you were able to sign up for this website and post/reply to topics, that is harder than posting pics here.

When you reply to or post a topic, right under this chat box is a little + Additional Options...
Just click that and then click "Choose File"  locate the photo on your computer and that's it.

I think Butch posted a tutorial around here somewhere.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

dbluefish

Little too fancy for me and seems pricey to me also.  Do these really use gold?  I always think they are gold tone(don't know how they get that but AFAIK not gold).  But yours as an auto Jon, is much more to my liking(not two tone though), lol.

paul

And Jon, even 6 year old PC's should be able to run Photobucket and with a digital camera its easy ans CHEAP!

Butch

The 1990 Zodiacs had 18K gold plating.

jon p

8) i am working on the photo thing,maybe i can get it sorted out soon! on this model zodiac DID DO a smart move on the bracelet, the 18k plating runs down the center and is set low between the side links so it doesnt get the normal wear a lot of bands suffer. and best, the clasp is all steel, no plating. mine shows no plating wear at all is one reason i bought it, i am not a big plated fan either! it gets little wear time so i hope it will stay in its pritine condition. it WAS a lucky find at 195.00, especially after seeing this quartz at this crazy price.

zaniac

Add me to the list, Jon, I'd love to see pics!
The one on ebay says 38mm including crown so it's probably 34-35mm without the crown. What does yours measure without the crown? I've wondered if the men's size blue point series Sea Wolf's were the same size as the men's size gold/silver/red series. 38mm without the crown I believe is the men's size, but it seems like the Sea Wolf's were often like the one on ebay.
Chris

jon p

;D my blue point measures 43mm NOT including the crown. there were 3 different sizes in this model, both quartz and automatic , gold trim or no gold, white and black dials. my old eyes seem to like the white dial better-easier to read for me.

zaniac

43mm? Really? I had no idea the men's size was that big! I bet that one feels heavy and solid. Now I'd really like to see a photo or two :D
Chris

jon p

yeah, it makes a sea wolf look small. i am not sure what the medium and small size measure. it IS a nice comfortable wearing watch, as you say heavy and solid feeling. the bracelet is also smooth and good feeling. i have a small wrist but it doesnt " over power " you like some big watches do, such as my 8200 series luminox ! i like it but it DOES kinda get heavy feeling after a day. cant afford the titanium version.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on October 30, 2010, 12:01:49 PM
What is this thing you have with seeing men's wrists Sea Wolf?

:-*

I was thinking the same thing lol. 

I usually cringe when I bid on watch auctions that include a pic of the guy wearing the watch.....as quite often it looks like it is strapped to the wrist of Teen Wolf :o.  It always makes me think about the cleanup and sanitizing that I will have to do to make the watch safe to wear once I receive it ;D

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign