News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Comments on an ebay pickup.

Started by Offshore, December 10, 2012, 10:29:44 AM

Offshore

Got this Sea Wolf from the 'bay last night.

I thought it went a bit cheap? Not that I'm complaining...I certainly had a higher snipe bid on it.
From what I have learned here its later 70's?
And the spade hands are not so common?
The bracelet was a bonus, especially as I have some extra links/springs, and have worked out how to get in to them.

Thats my second now. A bit addictive these things!

Offshore

Butch

A nice rarer 1970's model in good condition and at a great price.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Offshore

Thanks for the confirmation Butch, however I can assure you that my research was all done here, and by watching them come and go on ebay.
It will get a new crystal and I will put new springs into the links, and give it a service.
Certainly some level of polishing...I am torn between a "new" mirror finish and a "clean but still some battle scars" finish.
Think I will go with the latter, as its not a new watch, and certainly the dial has patina.
Thanks again, must join the team.
Offshore

jmh86325

nice catch...you mentioned "new springs " for the bracelet, i have the same bracelet in desprite need of springs...where are you geting them from 

Offshore

I had some other Expandro bracelets which used the same springs, so I  "sacrificed" the other bracelets.
On a similar vein, this just recently sold on ebay-
Now those are some spare links and a clasp.
I had punted but again my expectation of what others would be prepared to pay was exceeded.
I was a punter up to about $30 plus post for a few spare links, obviously someone had a greater need ( which is great!)

Offshore

Guzza

Quote from: Butch on December 10, 2012, 12:15:22 PM
A nice rarer 1970's model in good condition and at a great price.

I saw a similar one on e bay just a few hours ago. Until I saw this thread, I thought it had been doctored.

JDS (Ohio)

Offshore, you really scored a deal on that one.  Congrats!
John

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign