News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Hello: New to the Zodiac "Club"

Started by koz5614, August 29, 2010, 04:47:26 PM

koz5614

Hello, I'm new to the forum.  I recently won the orange SeaWolf on the 08/29 Ebay auction 250687346984.  I'd just like to get an opinion on if I paid too much for it ($550).  I just missed out on the orange/gray SeaWolf last week, and I didn't want to let this one get away.  I hope that the original box/papers helps to justify the purcahse price.
Thank you for your time.

Butch

Welcome Koz! Yeah, I saw that one too. I think you paid a little too much for it, but given the condition and all the accessories, if you can pick up a metal band for it (like in auction 190434205868) then you will be ahead of the game. That is a fine example of a rarer model.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

koz5614

Thanks for the input.  The next highest bidder bid $540, so I think the market is there.  Hopefully, in your opinion, I didn't get ripped off.  I'm not a big fan of the metal zodiac bands because all the ones I've seen do not have a safety clasp.  My other vintage dive watch is a Rolex "Red" Submariner; and it has the safety clasp, and I swear by it. 

Butch

Not sure that clasp was available in the 60's and 70's, and it certainly was not on the Zodiacs, Omegas, Breitlings, etc. I have seen. Be that as it may, you did pay to much, but so what? You like it.

If you pick up a metal band and throw it in a drawer (I never said you had to wear it  ;) ) then you will be ahead of the game I believe as far as the value goes.

koz5614

I guess now I'm on the hunt for a metal band!  Thanks again.

Butch

I don't pay more that $100 for one and count myself lucky if you find one for under $75!

koz5614

What is the correct style metal band for this watch?   Also, is it a 22mm width?

Butch

It is about 17.5 MM and you will have to do some research on that one. You can start in the Gallery, and other places within the Forum.

jon p

KOZ--welcome to the forum!! nice seawolf. orange on dial not faded, VERY nice,as most are. great to have all the extra paper work/box. the zodiac band sold for $52.00, wish i had seen it, my white dial SW needs an original bracelet. now has an aftermarket bracelet that works, BUT....... if anyone out there has a bracelet they want to sell let me know.   

Sea Wolf

I bid on that band and thought I was going to get it, someone must have used a snipe program on me, I just could not bid fast enough  :-\
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

:D It is for my latest GMT.

If you can't run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch.

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

TJW

Hey Koz,, congrats.  You only paid too much if you don't get sufficient enjoyment from the watch.  I know I paid too much(marketwise)for most of my watches, but there was something about each one that tripped my trigger and I don't regret any of my purchases.  Enjoy it in good health, it does look like a nice set.  Regards   TJW

bulldog1935

what is an item worth?  What someone is willing to pay for it. 
   Shotguns and flyreels are jewelry for men

jon p

AMEN, bulldog, that is so true. a watch collector friend that got me really interested in collecting always says, just remember you cant own them all!  when i buy a watch it IS for my pleasure more than an investment and i made the decision to buy it. what ever makes you happy in life is worth the money!!  JON P

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign