News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Looking for stolen zodiac watch

Started by lostwatch, August 30, 2020, 02:40:01 PM

lostwatch

I have a kind of strange request and I need your help.
My grandmother found an old watch in the belongings of our dead grandfather. An old Zodiac watch.
It had some scratches on the glas, so she wanted to repair this watch and gift is to her grandchildren. Sadly she didn't take any pictures of this special watch and the watch repairman tricked her and said she never gave him any watch. Now she has to kind of proof to the police, that such a watch even existed.
It would really help us A LOT if you could provide us with any kind of information about this watch.

My grandfather received this watch around 1955 in Ulm, Germany. It was a kind of a retirement deal from a company. My grandfather was a replacement for a top manager who gifted this watch to my grandfather for doing such a good job - so we aren't talking about something cheap.
The background of the clock face was blue, shiny and had digits from 1-12 around it.
The watch (metal) was kind of silverly/metalic.
There were 4 red timing lines aligned to the number 6 9 12 15 (maybe around 3 - 6- 9- 12?)
The watch strap was a delicate silver chain (kind like a milanaise strap), the whole watch was flat and was very light but elegant.

The main strange thing was, that the watch strap was directly attached to the Glas of the watch. That's why we assume it was kind of a limited edition or design collection.
My grandmother said that the glas maybe could have been acetate glas.

It was similar to the watch in the attachment. But more elegant.

I know this is a kind of strange request, but we would be very very happy if you could provide us with any kind of help what watch we are talking about. A name, pictures or what kind of model this could be.
Please forward this message to anyone who can help and maybe know something about this vintage watch.

Please help us.

sincerely
Gerwin

Butch

I could not figure out why he stole it from her but as I read further I think I understand. This was probably a solid white gold watch and band so would have been worth a lot, even as scrap gold. As for which model, who knows? You say he got it in 55, but the watch you say it looked like is from the 70's. Best guess it is was a tank style watch, but which one, who could tell?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Cobber

Description really has me scratching my head.  In the mid to late seventies Zodiac produced a Kingline with a dial made from lapis azul.  Curious if this is the same material possibly used for the dial of this watch.  Add to that a solid white gold case and bracelet.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign