News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Very special gold zodiac, never seen one similar, would love information!

Started by dukeoflondon, May 05, 2020, 04:03:22 AM

dukeoflondon

Received this watch back in 2012 via inheritance, relative lived in Austria, he bought this watch in Switzerland in either the 60s or 70s.
I would love to know if someone know anymore information on this watch, if they have ever seen another one etc!
Solid gold caseback, automatic winding movement, date function, gold mesh bracelet.

Markings on the caseback: water-shock resistant, automatic-antimagnetic, 725-385, Swiss made 750 CH.
Theres a few more numbers on the caseback but believe it or not the watch has been worn so much the numbers are worn down! Unable to read unless I had a very good magnifying glass.

I got an appraisal and full servicing years ago due to the gold content and sentimental value.

Any input appreciated

Butch

It is a dress watch from the 1970s. 750 CH is a gold hallmark that means it is 18K watch. The band is probably as well but should have it's own markings. Nice watch.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dukeoflondon

Thank you for your helpful reply, it is much appreciated. Would you have any brochures (vintage ones of course) which would feature this watch in it? I have been looking for years for information!

Kind regards

Butch

It is in the 1975 catalog on the other site but does not offer much more info on it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dukeoflondon

Thank you, by any chance do they state a price of it at that time? any other description or model name?

thank you

JN

Cobber

That's a pretty sweet watch and exceedingly rare.  In the U.S. catalog that watch listed for $2,750.  When adjusted for inflation would be approx. $13,600.00.  I think that's the most expensive men's watch in the catalog.
This model doesn't match the '75 catalog exactly.  The catalog item appears to have the same dial but the bracelet is a bit wider on duke's watch where it meets the case.  The '77 catalog has a Goldenline that looks to possibly have the same bracelet and case but different hour markers.  The catalog one only shows baton markers for the hours.  Curiously I have seen Goldenlines with those faceted markers, like on Duke's, but those typically had the additional chapter ring. 
Maybe it's a '76?  Definitely from the right era. 

I've seen this type of bracelet before and have always been curious how it gets sized.

dukeoflondon

Truly helpful reply from you! It is much appreciated.
I searched some goldenline zodiacs but could not find another one, the closest I found seems to be a smaller watch and the bracelet almost looked as if it was brushed gold rather than a mesh bracelet, difficult to explain it!

I had this watch serviced completely back in 2012/2013 and the jeweller asked if I needed it sized, I asked him the process and he said they would either need to cut the bracelet and reconnect the clasp to make it smaller, or else cut the bracelet where it connects to the case and attach lugs which then connect to the bracelet.... I would never opt for either and it just so happens it fits me perfectly.

Once again your input is much appreciated! Any chance you have it in a catalog which you could send me a screenshot or pic? I am willing to purchase a catalog just i want to make sure its got some details

Thank you

JN

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign