News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Caliber 75 service

Started by limpnoodle, July 30, 2020, 05:48:45 PM

limpnoodle

Hello all, I have been recently diving into the world of watch repair and have worked up to servicing my aerospace gmt. My question regards the going barrel. It is marked "do not open" and I am curious as to the best way to go about servicing the mainspring. Are they really good for a "lifetime" or should it be serviced. Ive read that its a pain to try and refit the barrel lid but if anyone has any info it would be a lot of help

Butch

I use someone for my restorations, but, they are not lifetime. 60 year old mainsprings just won't cut it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

limpnoodle

Thanks for getting back to me butch. Have you had any luck disassembling and reassembling a "do not open" barrel?

Butch

Not at all, but with a lack of parts no idea what is left but to try it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

limpnoodle

Thanks again for getting back to me. I think I'm going to just go ahead and try my luck with refitting the old barrel. I can't source a replacement so I don't want to push my luck

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign