News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Olympos Date ref 695D

Started by YuriyV, September 09, 2020, 01:06:51 PM

YuriyV

What do you guys think about this?
The watch too worn. Second hand is broken. But is it any good or legit?

Ultra-Vintage

Looks like an odd mismatch.  I have had that 695D reference in a few times over the years, and it was just a standard Automatic or Rotographic date.  I cannot remember what the caseback looked like on them, but I think it was more plain than that. Dial is definitely refinished, but was it refinished in the same style as the original? Who knows.  They used the same fonts from the later Olympos dials, but it could have just been because they already had those prints made up.  Regardless, in its current condition its a parts watch.

YuriyV

Do you think the dial could belong to Olympos and was just refinished?
Indeed, that constellation sign (Sagittarius in this case) on the back is more specific to Goldenline or Guardsman.
I heard about round Olympos. But did not see it in person.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: YuriyV on September 09, 2020, 09:34:21 PM
Do you think the dial could belong to Olympos and was just refinished?
Indeed, that constellation sign (Sagittarius in this case) on the back is more specific to Goldenline or Guardsman.
I heard about round Olympos. But did not see it in person.

My guess is just an "Automatic" or "Rotographic" dial refinished, as the markers and date window are the same as those.  Likely the Olympos print was one they already had in stock, and the watchmaker/store that sent it in was ok with them just using that.  Having exact printing dies made up for dials can cost hundreds of dollars in addition to the refinishing cost, and in some cases take years to get done.  Add that to the fact that nearly all the dial refinishers are out of business and there is no one else to send it to, and a customer is quick to say "sure, just use that to get the dial done"

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign