News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My Zodiac watches

Started by Almopos, October 25, 2014, 09:28:47 PM

Almopos

I like 70's style vintage watches and have bought a number of timepieces over the past couple of years, including watches made by Zodiac. 

I bought the watch shown in the first picture as a present for someone that was really dear to me. She wore it for some time until she passed away. It is now part of my collection and I wear it regularly.

My favorite Zodiac watch is the SST Astrographic. Bought the watch in the below picture two years ago and very much like its querky features. Mystery dial, red dot etc.

Do not have any pictures in a higher resolution for the moment as this watch is with my watch maker to be cleaned.

I have a question about this watch. As you can see from the picture the watch case has a gloss finish. Do you think that this finish is original or should it be mat?   

Butch

Welcome aboard and nice specimens. I always thought that they should have been a brushed finish but it turns out that they made all of them in glossy as well. I actually came across a NOS model with tags that had a glossy finish.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

:welc to the site Almopos!   That glossy finish on your Astrographic looks good and it's a nice change from seeing the brushed finish all the time.   

Almopos

Thank you Butch and incountry.

I was seriously considering to have the Astrographic refinished as I have a slight preference for the brushed look and more importantly thought that the glossy look was not original. 

After reading your posts I think that I will leave the watch case unchanged. 

incountry

Quote from: Almopos on October 27, 2014, 12:27:56 PM
Thank you Butch and incountry.

I was seriously considering to have the Astrographic refinished as I have a slight preference for the brushed look and more importantly thought that the glossy look was not original.

After reading your posts I think that I will leave the watch case unchanged.

An advantage to staying with the gloss finish is that the women will be all over you.  Everybody knows the ladies go for the bling!   :rofl

discountshop

Looks good. Authentic watches with retro look.

Micarba

I like it. It looks classic.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign