News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

ZODIAC SEA WOLF KDF

Started by Alex1112, February 17, 2021, 05:17:25 AM

Alex1112

Hello to all,

I am a French collector of military watches, and I like the Sea Wolf watches very much, because they have a great military history, especially for the Vietnam War.  :ar15;

I found an old Sea Wolf, model 702 - 916, serial number 1918809, which has an unknown engraving with the letters KDF, number 4, and a crown.

I did a lot of research, and after dismissing the Kenyan defense army because of the crown, it seems that the engraving is that of the kongelige Danske Flyvevåben, the Danish air force.

However, I have never heard of a Zodiac being issued, let alone to the air force.

Nevertheless, some known divers have already been delivered to air forces, notably the Yema Armée de l'Air in France, or the Citizen PAF in Pakistan.

A member of this forum also told me that KDF could be short for Kongelige Danske Fyrvæsen, which is the state organisation running lighthouses in this country.

The watch is in very good condition: the dial and hands are perfect, the case is in very good condition, the bezel has lost some paint and has a small scratch but remains in good condition. Only the crown has been changed.

I'm still waiting for the answer from the Danish Air Force, but I can already form an opinion on the engraving. It is really of very good quality and is professional.

If someone has already seen a zodiac like this one, a similar engraving on another watch, or has an idea to get accurate information, don't hesitate.

Alex

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign