News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

zodiac chrono

Started by jon p, November 05, 2010, 09:45:04 AM

jon p

guys, help me out here, ebay ##120641399685. i have never seen this model before but dial says automatic. looks like 1990s, i dont especially care for the gold plating but it is great condition.  am i correct about the year? does anyone know  what movement zodiac used, maybe a VJ 7750 ?  seller is not a watch person so answers to questions arent the best!

Butch

It is a 1990's Chrono from the Sea Wolf line. All of the 1990's Chronos used the 7750. That has an 18K plating on it too.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D  thanks, butch, i was correct, i think i will bid on it.  i know this IS a loaded question, BUT what do you think would be a fair price? i dont think the seller really knows what he has!

Butch

It should sell for $500-$1,000, will it? Anybody's guess.

zaniac

And don't forget about the crown/stem issue.
I had the exact same watch, with a stripped crown and broken stem.
If you let it stop and then started wearing it on the right time and date, it was useful as a watch.
But c'mon, who wants to do that. Sold it gladly.
Chris

Butch

Good point Zaniac! I do not own and of the 1990's models due to the stem/crown issues and no parts being avalable for them.

Jon is gonna choke over the price anyway.  ;)  But any watch with that movement in it should be in that price range.

Sea Wolf

I think that is why my Gold Point Chrono gets little wear time.  I have to do just as you said, wait until it's that time/ and shake it to start it up.   :'(  Great looking watch but the crown stem issue is too bad.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:'(you guys have made a very good point, i think i will pass on this ,too bad such a nice watch has such a weak point! i looked it up and the new list price was $2,195 with the gold plate. too bad BWG hasnt figured a way to fix them. there is a sharp SWII for sale, maybe it doesnt have the same weakness--does anyone know??

Butch

Who you kiddin Jon? The price ran you off!

The SWII - Kortz. No parts. Small band. In that order.

jon p

8) someone just out bid me by 1.00, WHEW !!  i apreciate  all the good info from everybody, i sure did not want to get stuck with a problem! it IS such a nice one, what a cryin shame. the SWII is a definite NO GO  also. you guys are sure a lifesaver, THANKS. cant wait to see what the chrono goes for.LOL.

jon p

sold for $355.00, i wish the new owner lotsa  luck. a real shame for sure.

zaniac

Quote from: Butch on November 06, 2010, 08:04:57 PM
Who you kiddin Jon? The price ran you off!

The SWII - Kortz. No parts. Small band. In that order.

Butch, since there are no parts for the SWII, does that mean there are no parts for the Marine Life and Astro 2000 Automatics sold under Genender? What about the Super Sea wolf, too?
Do any of the Genender models have the crown/stem issues or did they fix the problem?
Chris

jon p

::) chris--good point my friend--i have a marine life quartz, wonder if it may have a problem also?! talk to us butch, please.

Butch

The Genender parts were turned over to Fossil, but that was back around 2002, I am sure Fossil has dumped them. I know they tell people they cannot help then with those models. Try it.

zaniac

Thanks for the answer, Butch.
Any idea if the Genender models have the crown/stem issues like the point series examples?
Chris

Butch

I have never heard of any issues with the Genender models, but not a lot of them were made so who really knows?

Sea Wolf

I heard Genender only made 500 SSW models and 500 each of the Astrographic models.

Is that right Butch?
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

I was told they only made 500 of each Astro 2000 model. I am unsure about the other models in that line though.

jon p

??? :-[  this probably is  a dumb question, but, how do i tell which are the genender models???!! hey, just trying to learn here.

Sea Wolf

Quote from: jon p on November 10, 2010, 09:42:40 PM
??? :-[  this probably is  a dumb question, but, how do i tell which are the genender models???!! hey, just trying to learn here.

We have one of the Genender catalogs online now in the members only section.  Those are the Genender models.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

Jon, you will remember from your Zodiac history that they went bankrupt in 1997. Genender bought the brand after that and started producing models in 2000 for about 3 years and then sold the brand to Fossil. Catalogs from 2000-2002 show their models, one if which is posted in the Members Only section now, as Sea Wolf has said.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign