News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac, but what is it?

Started by talmat, June 06, 2012, 02:51:50 AM

talmat

I don´t know any other way how to find out what I ned. I´ve got ladies Zodiac watches from my grandpa, but I don´t know anything about it. It should be from 50´s or 60´s, but I would like to know what it is type/name/model...anything. Could you please help me? I will appratiate any help.

Butch

That is a lady's dress watch from the 70's I think. My wife has one from '75 that I bought her brand new that is similar. I will try to find a pic and post it. My daughter has it today so I cannot take a picture of it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

talmat

Quote from: Butch on June 08, 2012, 05:17:18 PM
That is a lady's dress watch from the 70's I think. My wife has one from '75 that I bought her brand new that is similar. I will try to find a pic and post it. My daughter has it today so I cannot take a picture of it.

It would be great to to see a pictire of it. I try to identify what model/type/year... it is. It should be bought in Mexico in 1958 - 1962, but I don´t know anything else about it.

Butch

Maybe it is not from the 70's. Are those Zodiac signs on it? Are there any numbers anywhere on it?

talmat

Quote from: Butch on June 10, 2012, 08:48:33 AM
Maybe it is not from the 70's. Are those Zodiac signs on it? Are there any numbers anywhere on it?

There is the name Zodiac at the face, Zodiac sign at the side and "PLAQUE OR G 40 MICRONS" at the back, that´s all. There are all zodiac signs (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries...) at the watches, gold in black background, you can see it in very first photograph.

Butch

A quick look at the catalogs does not show it. Based on it having the zodiac symbols on it though I would place it in the late 50s to early 60s. As it is not gold, but plated, and women's Zodiac watches are not collected, its value is only what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

It is a nice family heirloom, if it is serviced that is.

talmat

Quote from: Butch on June 10, 2012, 01:01:12 PM
A quick look at the catalogs does not show it. Based on it having the zodiac symbols on it though I would place it in the late 50s to early 60s. As it is not gold, but plated, and women's Zodiac watches are not collected, its value is only what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

It is a nice family heirloom, if it is serviced that is.

Thank you for quick reply. What do you mean ...are not collected...? I´m sorry, but I don´t know anything about watches collections rules. As I wrote above I just want to know more about it. Do you where to find more about it? Is there any place in internet where to find?

Butch

Sure, lots of places. Just Google "Vintage Zodiacs".
;)
No rule, just a fact and a statement.

talmat

Quote from: Butch on June 10, 2012, 04:34:33 PM
Sure, lots of places. Just Google "Vintage Zodiacs".
;)
No rule, just a fact and a statement.

I hoped somebody could advise any place where to find on internet e.g. catalogues in PDF, any database, another forum or anything like that. Google is not so bad, but I don´t know what I should exactly find, that´s the problem. Is there anything like that on internet? I even had written to Zodiac company, but they didn´t help.

jon p

you are ALREADY at the best place for ZODIAC information! you can pay $29.95 and have vintage catalogs to view. there is just not much, if any, intrest in ANY ladies watches. check out ebay, they just dont sell, no colector demand like the mens watches for whaterver reason. i have 2 or 3 nice ladies zodiacs that i bought for my wife to wear. ididnt pay more than $10. for any of them. one was really nice running condition-- $4.95 winning bid!!!

talmat

Hello, any other help? I still don´t know anything else about it. Thanks in advance.

Sea Wolf

Read the information sections on this website to learn more about the Zodiac history and company.
Then you can go to zodiaccatalogs.com to search through the catalogs to see if you can find that model.

The only information you would get from a catalog is a photo of the watch, description and maybe price.

Since it is a Zodiac watch and you have it, you could open it up and take photos of the movement and people here could
tell you about the movement inside.

What information are you looking to find out?  Are you trying to find out if this watch was worn in a hollywood movie?
Butch could tell you more about the movie.

ETA:  I did find the watch in the 1957 Zodiac catalog with a photo and description.  Also this is in the 75 Anniversary catalog.  This watch is shown on the Chronometre page and describes in detail what that word means and how to achieve this rating.
Part of the description:  It is listed under the Chronometre FANTASY section. Exquisite bangle watch.  Model 3101 Gold Filled case.  They had a model 3151 14k gold case.  Pretty cool page it is on in the 75th Anniversary 1957 Catalog.  In the back of this catalog it also shows the List price and Dealer price for this watch.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

talmat

Quote from: Sea Wolf on October 23, 2012, 04:00:43 PM
Read the information sections on this website to learn more about the Zodiac history and company.
Then you can go to zodiaccatalogs.com to search through the catalogs to see if you can find that model.

The only information you would get from a catalog is a photo of the watch, description and maybe price.

Since it is a Zodiac watch and you have it, you could open it up and take photos of the movement and people here could
tell you about the movement inside.

What information are you looking to find out?  Are you trying to find out if this watch was worn in a hollywood movie?
Butch could tell you more about the movie.

ETA:  I did find the watch in the 1957 Zodiac catalog with a photo and description.  Also this is in the 75 Anniversary catalog.  This watch is shown on the Chronometre page and describes in detail what that word means and how to achieve this rating.
Part of the description:  It is listed under the Chronometre FANTASY section. Exquisite bangle watch.  Model 3101 Gold Filled case.  They had a model 3151 14k gold case.  Pretty cool page it is on in the 75th Anniversary 1957 Catalog.  In the back of this catalog it also shows the List price and Dealer price for this watch.

Thank you very much for your post. Is it possible to see catalog detail anyhow without subscription? I´m not profesional, this is what I inherited only. I do not need any other informaiton and I will not need it. I just want to know and see what I´ve got at home.

Butch

Sorry, but no. You should now have enough for whatever your purposes is.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign