News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My Triple-Date Moonphase Automatic

Started by radzod, December 12, 2012, 10:16:06 PM

radzod

I purchased this Zodiac in 2000. Strongly considering selling, frankly because I'm behind on the rent. It just sits in a box in the dark anymore. Not a collector and no intentions of being one. I'm not really so attached to objects as I used to be. I just really liked the look of this particular watch when I purchased it, and I still do. I only wore it on special occasions, and it certainly made me feel good about myself when I did. It could use a better home than I provide it. Has not been serviced in my keep, but it's also gone largely unused for the past decade. Starts right up whenever I pick it up. All the pins to set date / time operate smoothly.

Was represented to me as all-original, with original papers when I purchased it, except the band is not original. I have no way to verify that the papers go with the watch I have, except the good reputation of the seller. It was purchased online but not on Ebay. It is all stainless steel. The yellow and blue of the moon & stars are a bit more vibrant than I caught on camera. You can see there is a patina and roughness around the edges of the face. On the rear bezel, there is some oxidation along the upper lip where the back snaps in. I believe some, if not all, of the wear and patina came under my care.   :-[

I would like some feedback on whether it does appear to be all-original, and some thoughts on valuation. I am still engaged in an internal debate regarding whether I will sell it. If I could get out what I put in, I probably would. I likely paid top of the mark when I bought it, if not overpaid. Wish I had put that cash into gold instead of this lovely timepiece. I could buy a dozen of these today if I had.  ;)

pknopp

I have no idea if it's all original as I'm just barely at the amateur level. I have been watching these though as I really like them. I've asked about a couple here but there seems to be issues with rust with most on eBay.

I can't say that I've seen one exactly like this but they seem to sell in the $500-$700 range for the short time I've been following them.

radzod

Thanks @pknopp. That seems like the range I'd expect to get at auction on Ebay, from what little I've seen. I am trying to find a way to keep mine, because I really do like it.

pknopp

Dig in the closets, usually you can find something else to sell.  :D

smithrjd

I have been watching several sales, as I have been looking for one to add to the Zodiac collection. Good ones are increasing in value. It seems the black dialed ones are a bit more sought after. I would keep it, if at all possible, they are getting hard to find in that condition.  It will only increase in value as time goes by. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign