News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

FS Astrographic Blue Dial Silver Case - follow to the end to see the story here

Started by slucop, May 17, 2011, 08:55:05 AM

slucop

:wehe Price Reduced. to $125.00.    :helpme  I have a piece that I do not know much about.  I bought it second hand.  It is not in show room condition.  It has a couple of scratches on the crystal and normal dings on the case.  I've put a cheap fabric band on it to wear it.  It runs and keeps perfect time.  I've checked it with my atomic watch and in 24 hours it has slowed 2 1/2 seconds.  I think that is pretty good.

It has a case number under one of the spring bars of 2417044. 

I would be interested in selling for a fair price $125.00 or trade for another diver's watch, or camera, or laptop or something of equal value.  I will pay shipping and insurance.

Please email me with any questions or comments.  A poor picture is attached.

evghenii

hello can i get more photos of astro. i would like to buy

slucop

I will get some more pics of it.  I really don't know how to post them though.  If you could tell me again I'll be glad to do it.

evghenii

i am new here. Ask to moderator ! At this foto its to dificut to see all details(
Try again please.

evghenii

Is the case mate or glossy.? I dont see :( and there dings?

slucop

Here are some more pics. Hope they turn out.  It has some scratches on crystal which I've been told can be buffed out.  The case is brushed satin finish.  Hope this helps.  Please let me know.

evghenii

ok. but  photos....  :(
i want ask you about scratches on crystal. What do you think the watchmaker can polish them or need to change?
i can give 100$ and from you freeshiping to Moldova.
Think.
Thank you

evghenii

slucop

I'm unsure if the crystal can be buffed.  That is just what I've been told by others.  The crown is original.  Yes  I will take $100.00 and ship if shipping is not too high.  Let me know where it needs to be shipped.  Also I would need a Western Union payment or something similar.  No checks of any kind, no money orders of any kind, only electronic transfer of funds, etc. 

evghenii

evghenii

I need more quality fotos. Please make it. you can send on my email.

slucop

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make more quality photos.  I have a small digital camera with a macro setting and an Iphone.  Those were the best I could do. 

evghenii

Ask a friend about camera. I need photos. Please.
What about paypal. Try again :)

evghenii

slucop

I am reluctant to have a watch repair remove back to take pictures. It runs accurately as checked with my atomic radio watch. Thanks for your interest.

evghenii

Not seeing the mechanism is difficult to decide. I want a discount to90$
So you want to sell them?
What about pay pal? Or only western ?)

slucop

Please tell your address so I can check shipping.  Paypal is ok.

evghenii

Hi !
At dial i see a scrach or a crack? Tell me sincerelly.
90$ is ok? Country - Moldova

slucop

It has some scratches but no cracks. It runs perfectly. Let me check with shipping and get back to you

evghenii

slucop

I'm sorry but we can't do the deal. Costs for UPS are $290.00.  I will sell here in USA. thanks anyway.

evghenii

wait, please. I will try find a man in USA for you selling. Give me some time.

evghenii

i have a variant of delivery to USA. do you from USA.
write me you email and i send you adress of my friend.
ok?

dawej

If the deal falls through, I'm interested.

slucop

I do not know what variant is.  We have UPS, FED X, Postal Service, but checking with all were too expensive to ship out of country.  Unless you can furnish me an address within the US I will not be able to do the deal at agreed upon price.  I'm not making anything anyway and my son owns a business which will ship UPS for me locally within the US.  Any amount more than $10 - 15 dollars would be too much to make a deal.  So thanks for your interest.

evghenii

This is tye adress of my friend in USA

Nina Cotolupenco
15 Dickenson Way apt 80j
Malrborough MA 01752

She will made money transfering too. You can send a package for this person. I think its a easiiest way of delivery. I want to buy it. Wait you reply

evghenii

slucop

I need your email address to send an invoice I think.  I'm not sure how to do this.  I have not done this before.  I think my paypal account name is my email address "slucop1@yahoo.com"   I'll contact paypal and make sure.

szabgab

Hi... I know it's been long, but did you sell your watch at the end? Thank you, Gabriel

slucop

No it is still for sale  $75 + shipping

szabgab

Uhm, I would be very interested, I could pay via paypal or any other preferred method. Would it be possible to find out the postage charge to the UK? I suppose that wouldn't be to much. If it is, I could possibly get a US address, although that would complicate things somewhat (and the person would need to post it to me afterwards anyway). 

Thank you,

Gabriel

P.s.: Just out of nosiness I checked the ups website for a quote. For a 200gr package in a jiffy bag type of a thing it would be like 15, max 20 USD. That price I would pay without an issue.

Butch

No offense but, for $75, if you don't take it I will. And I don't care how much the shipping is.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

szabgab

Hi Butch, offense not taken... I would buy it by all means, it is up to the seller, as reading the history of the topic he stated to post only to the US after some crazy quote to Moldova. Also I think the blue circular Astrographics are one of the best groovy 70s designs. 

Thanks for both of you,

Gabriel

LexLoci

This is the most pathetic series of posts about a FUGLY old crapped up Zodiac, I have ever seen (Butch excluded). All those emails back and forth, for $125 lousy bucks!!! Jeez, I have talked the panites off a virgin with less effort. More money was spent on the electricity powering the computers used to send all those messages back and forth......You guys are un-friggin-real. Next, JP will convince you to buy one of his luxurious NATO crap straps to put this priceless relic on.... :wtf

szabgab

Hi LexLoci, the watch is nice to me, anyway, that's beside the point. The '$125 lousy bucks' could have been paid I suppose, if the postage wouldn't have been nearly three times as much. As to myself, I am in discussion with the seller and that's that. No need for harsh words.
Gabriel

LexLoci

Sorry Szab, I wasn't meaning to refer to you....as you only came in to the discussions at the end. I was commenting mainly about poor slucop and evghenni busting his balls about photos, more photos, wanting to see the movement, shipping, what his favorite color is, will I also get a foot-rub if I buy the watch?... blah blah blah...I mean really, its $125 bucks for christ's sake!!! I spend that much for lunch most Friday afternoons at the club. You'd think evghenni was buying a kidney not a junker watch the way he carried on....Its also hilarious they posted their messages on the thread, including personal emails for Paypal, when the conversation should have been via private message.

As for the watch being ugly, well, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

orangecorallimorph

Three minutes of my life I will never get back, all posts included. :compbr

evghenii

respected Mr. LexLoci I am very happy that you cheer my posts. I also congratulate you on the fact that you can spend $ 125 for dinner. Be modest. Since he wrote those posts, I bought several zodiacs. These, too, in particular. Discuss here the possibility of other people's money- uncivilized. This will show your personality.   Gabriel, pay attention to dial! Hes broken) This is my blue dial. Good luck for everyone

davec

The most amazing thing is that d**ch*b*gs apparently have their own club.  Amazing!! :wehe

evghenii

Butch

davec is talking to LexLoci, not you evghenii.

jon p

davec----well put my friend. yes they DO have a club and he IS the founder!! maybe if we ignore him he will go away! i still cannot figure out how he decided I was selling "crappy nato staps", i do not  think dmh would appreciate his bands being called crappy!!! nuf said!

szabgab

Hello everybody,

So, after a bit of a bumpy ride I bought the watch, arrived in one piece but was in a bit more sorry state than imagined. Anyway, after redoing many things by hand (as spare parts are hard to source) it is in a presentable state, have a look, I'll include some images.

Please before slagging off the weeks worth of work I'm not a collector nor somebody with too steady hands. The crystal has been redone from an ordinary mineral glass and is not perfect, so are the discs, which were in unrescuable condition so I had to find acetate sheets, good quality paint, narrow-narrow brushes, etc.

Most of my thanks go to Piotr from crazywatches, he has been a terrific source of information on DIY and emotional support 

Butch

Now THAT was for the love of a watch. MOST excellent sir! Thank you for sharing it here.

dmh

WOW! You did a great job. I'm not a fan of the Astrographic, but yours looks really nice. That is an amazing job on that crystal. If you ever want to try and do one for an old Super Sea Wolf, let me know.
Best,
dmh

jon p

:wehe :ur  looking good, you did  a beautiful job restoring i!! BRAVO, and wear it with pride as YOU made it look good.

Cobber

Amazing, this was already an epically entertaing thread. That restoration
is just the icing on the cake.
Nice job!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign