News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My new Wolf

Started by Borka, March 20, 2013, 04:47:29 AM

Borka

Good day Everybody from new member!
My name is Boris and im from far Russia.
Just want to show my old-new Sea Wolf 1963 restored.
From the top to the bottom: before, after, with band.

Butch

That is a nice looking Sea Wolf Boris.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

evghenii

jon p

:ur :welc :wehe   BORIS, a warm welcome to you! great restoration, i like the white dial without the date.

Borka

Thanks for the welcome and comments guys!
I finally received a bracelete for them, and would like to show you -

evghenii

Boris can you show sw on your hand?

Cobber

That is one of the all time coolest bracelets. JB Champion possibly?  I know a couple different companies did this style.
Also, regarding the hands, are they refinished or NOS? I've never seen a Sea Wolf hand set with that much bling. Looks awesome, I love everything about this watch but I thought the silver dials always came with black outlined hands.

Oh, and welcome?

shampoohorn

Very nice!  Bracelet complements that stunning watch beautifully.

evghenii

This hands is silverplated. They dont was black. Its early version of 20atm  sw

Butch

Nice catch evghenii! The silver hands are found on a black dial and the black painted hands are found on a white dial.

Of course, it is the wearer's right to change them if they want. Here is my highly modified GMT for personal preference.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

That's a nice looking watch Boris.  Beautiful restoration job and the new band looks great!

Borka

- Yes the bracelet is jacoby bender champion in perfect pre-owned condition with zodiac logo on the clasp.
It was polished. I wear the watch everyday - im really happy!  :P
Its very glad to see your positive emotions. As you asked - i publish a couple new pics.

jimmydean

WOW! I told BWG to hold off on polishing mine cuz I like the vintage look, but wow! .....I might tell him to do it!

jmh86325

a little polish is a good thing

ZODIAC-NO-DATE 1

Borka

Quote from: jimmydean on May 07, 2013, 04:04:22 PM
WOW! I told BWG to hold off on polishing mine cuz I like the vintage look, but wow! .....I might tell him to do it!
When I talked about polishing I had in mind a bracelet. As for the bezel - forget about the polishing, since the metal is brass. In my way the bezel was a nickel-plated.

jon p

:wehe  remember guys, BWG can replate the metal bezel in the original "frosted " finish, looks just like new factory! there are some before/after pics on here somewhere, i just havent been able to locate them. i am considering sending mine to have it done. if anyone knows where the pics are, please let us all know.

Borka

Quote from: jon p on May 14, 2013, 08:02:02 AM
:wehe  remember guys, BWG can replate the metal bezel in the original "frosted " finish, looks just like new factory! there are some before/after pics on here somewhere, i just havent been able to locate them. i am considering sending mine to have it done. if anyone knows where the pics are, please let us all know.
Pictures, please or link John P!
I would like to know what coverage they used in this case?
Anyone known what type of coating is used in original?
Thanx!

jon p

it is a chrome plating as the original was. it is on this site, i saw a before/after set of pics here quite some time ago. if i can find it i will advise, i THINK maybe BUTCH posted it.

ata197

Has anyone located the before/after "frosted" bezel replate finish?

feca67

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking for info on restoring (replating) SW bezel....  did the pics /  info turn up?

feca67

Cobber

That looks about right.  However, I doubt BWG (Butch's Watch Guy) is going to reveal his secret as to how it's done, but I could be wrong.  However, if you're looking to have someone do it for you just contact Butch and he'll put you in touch with his watch guy.

:welc
By the way, welcome to the forum.  You've found the right place for Vintage Zodiacs.  Regardless of what direction you go to restore you're bezel, before and after photos are always appreciated.

feca67

Thanks - I will post some pics soon... as soon as I get my hands on the watch, it's incoming at the mo, I've wanted a SeaWolf for a while, hopefully it will be a viable project.

Quote from: Cobber on August 22, 2014, 03:01:54 PM
That looks about right.  However, I doubt BWG (Butch's Watch Guy) is going to reveal his secret as to how it's done, but I could be wrong.  However, if you're looking to have someone do it for you just contact Butch and he'll put you in touch with his watch guy.

:welc
By the way, welcome to the forum.  You've found the right place for Vintage Zodiacs.  Regardless of what direction you go to restore you're bezel, before and after photos are always appreciated.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign