News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New and first post

Started by jonathanp77, July 31, 2014, 12:06:28 PM

jonathanp77

Hi,

Just joined today and thought I'ld introduce myself. I've read a few threads already and it's great to see quite a bit of passion and knowledge here. Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone.

As for me, I bought my first Zodiac (pic below) a month or so ago. From what I know (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), it's cal 59 valjoux 7733. I don't know what year (though I hope it's '71, my birth year) and I can't completely read the whole serial# on the case with my naked eye.

Oh and sadly I already lost the 4 o'clock chrono pusher. I suspected it wasn't the original pusher due to the slight difference in diameter but I figured I'ld get it changed next year. But it came off so I obviously have to get a new pusher now. Any tips?

jon p

:welc :welc :welc    welcome to the forum. we enjoy getting new zodiac fans. you made a good choice when you bought that beautiful zodiac chrono! it is beautiful, the white dial zodiacs are my favorite. hang around, post and enjoy the friendship AND knowledge here.

evghenii

Cobber

Hi and welcome to the forum,
You'll probably get the impression, if you haven't already, that Sea Wolves and Astrographics tend to get most of the attention around here. However, that being said, many of the other models seem to really be gaining a lot of attention these days. May have something to do with a number of different relatively high profile pieces (at least in the watch collecting community) being written.
In actuality, there have been a number of posts here pertaining to the theoretical history of Zodiacs chronos. Some of it gets pretty ornery at times.
To answer your question, best bet is to email Butch Dunn (website owner) and ask to be put in touch with his watch guy (BWG=Butch's watch guy).  I believe the current one specializes in collecting his own chronographs in addition to being a Zodiac repair/service guru. Sounds like a win win situation for your concerns.
Once again, welcome and congrats on the nice pick up. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting that pusher attended to.

incountry

:welc to the forum Jonathan! That's a beautiful chrono you have there.  As Cobber said, drop Butch a line and I'm sure he'll get you pointed in the right direction to get the pusher replaced.  Lots of good info here so get busy reading!

Iktomi

:welc Welcome to the forum! Lovely watch you've got there!   :woohoo;

jonathanp77

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign