News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Why do you collect Zodiacs?

Started by Butch, August 13, 2014, 08:50:22 AM

Butch

I got and replied to an email today that I have answered in the past. I have decided to put it here for all to see and then I can reference it in the future.

============================

Hello Butch,

My name is XXX and I currently work for Fossil. Although I am not directly associated with the Zodiac division, I am an avid fan of the brand. I write to you to thank you for creating www.vintagezodiacs.com. Without the content there I would not be such a big fan of Zodiac. I am incredibly curious about how you came with all this knowledge of the Zodiac brand. Would you mind sharing a little about yourself?

Any of the information you may share will be kept confidential and is only for my socializing and educational purposes. Thank you. I look forward to your response.

XXX

------------------------

Hi XXX,

Nice to meet you. Not much to tell really. I bought my first Zodiac for my wife in the Army PX in Korea in the early 70's, so knew the brand. In the 90's I got interested in vintage watches and then decided to specialize. Back then the Internet was pretty new but you could gather info, and that is what I started doing. I gathered and learned as much about the Zodiac brand as I could.

Then in 2000 I decided to learn about web sites, specifically how to code them and make them work on the Internet servers. But I did not want to do a site like everyone else, about my dog and my 4x4. So, what could I build my web site around? Well, I had all this Zodiac info I had been gathering. No one else had anything on Zodiac. I had something I could offer the world. So I built it, and they came.  ;)

And here he are today. All the catalogs, pamphlets, and service manuals I have bought over the years are now available via subscription on www.ZodiacCatalogs.com. It does not make enough money to make BOTH web sites run in the black, but it does help offset the costs and allow us to keep them both running.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

oldbronco

I collect Zodiacs because they're so cool. what more can one say?

marconimotet

I only own one Zodiac, a 70´s Sea Wolf. But I really love that watch!
Will soon buy another one  :D

Dutchsiberia

I usually have the computer next to me, looking at endless listings of "vintage dive watch" while watching tv. And a nice broken seawolf caught my attention. After looking for some information I bought the watch, (well I "won" the auction)  And the easily repairable watch was my first Sea Wolf :)

Now I often look at "vintage Zodiac watch" listings :)

Sea Wolf

I bought my first Sea Wolf in Cody Wyoming the rodeo capital of the world in a trading post.  It had one of those indian bands in silver on it.  The band costs more than the watch and I picked up the Sea Wolf for $25 and did not get the band.  That got me interested in Zodiacs and this was around 1997.  I found Butch's website and read every page and would constantly go back to see if there was more information posted.  I think he had a forum at one point but I never found it on the original site.  Years went by and I got into building websites in 1999.  Not sure when but I started bugging Butch about redoing his website.  Time went on and Butch seemed not interested.  So I built a new website with his content and emailed him again and said look at the new vintagezodiacs.com website I have built for you.  I forget the language I used but I said lets do this, I want to be your webmaster.  The phone rang and it was Butch and he still allows me to play in his sandbox to this day  :#lol  :godfather;
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

incountry

Thanks for what you bring to the party Seawolf. I think we're lucky to have you in the sandbox with us!  :ur

Butch

SW does tend to oversimplify things. He is the brains of the outfit, I am just the pretty face.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign