News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Orange seawolf

Started by Scooby, September 10, 2014, 06:36:20 AM

Scooby

Hi there, ive always loved zodiacs, and it was actually a seawolf that launched my passion for vintage watches. Anyway, im just glad to share a recent pickup:) thanks and have a good day!

Butch

We were just talking about that auction! Nice watch.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Scooby

Haha, really? what about the auction?  By the way, how much would these be going for nowadays?

Butch

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,2363.0.html

Check out the other thread above and the auction it refers to on eBay. I dunno, what did you pay for it? The following has nothing to do with you Scooby. <for TC>

To others, this is yet another example of eBay allowing a seller to quit an auction and then sell it direct from eBay thereby cheating collectors out of being able to actually win an auction. eBay SUX! Does Scobby's watch look it was  "This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken." to you guys?

Scooby

Wow, sorry guys :(   I asked the seller some details and he gave me a price which i thought was pretty good. 400usd rougly. I dont really know how much they get up to, especially these orange ones.

Anyway, my apologies to everyone:(

Butch

Quote from: Scooby on September 10, 2014, 09:08:58 AM
Wow, sorry guys :(   I asked the seller some details and he gave me a price which i thought was pretty good. 400usd rougly. I dont really know how much they get up to, especially these orange ones.

Anyway, my apologies to everyone:(

NO! It is not you, it is eBay. And the sellers their policies breed. You got a good deal, they go for over $500.

Butch

Just curious, how did he get you top pay for it? I do not see a Buy It Now price in the auction, just that he cancelled the auction. (I was a bidder too, so know about it.)

Tomcat1960

Now THAT's really easy:

Seller: "Aah, by the way, I'd sell it to you at 400 quid."
Buyer: "*"

*) now what answer would you give, Butch? "No thank you, but I prefer playing by the rules, even if it means that you make the same offer to the next person to ask you a question about the watch." Really?

;-)

Best,
Tomcat
After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

Visit me on Facebook!

Tomcat1960

@ Scooby: nice watch, by the way. I find Sea Wolfs and Jennies unsurpassed in terms of beauty as far as diver watches are concerned.

Best,
Tomcat

After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

Visit me on Facebook!

Butch

Quote from: Tomcat1960 on September 19, 2014, 11:45:10 AM
Now THAT's really easy:
Seller: "Aah, by the way, I'd sell it to you at 400 quid."
Buyer: "*"
*) now what answer would you give, Butch? "No thank you, but I prefer playing by the rules, even if it means that you make the same offer to the next person to ask you a question about the watch." Really?
I can take it as well as dish it out, but, I think I made my position clear above and in another thread here. I am not blaming the buyer nor the seller here. Let me be perfectly clear here TC....Ready?

EBAY SUX! They not only allow this to happen, they encourage it, just so long as the final billing happens through eBay and they get their cut.
Now go try to bust someone else's stones TC.  :SB:  BTW, here is the original thread that got me on this bandwagon.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,2366.0.html

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign