News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Possible zodiac movement

Started by vern, October 20, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

vern

Hello all, this is my first visit to this forum. I am wondering if a little watch I got on the bay is a Zodiac movement. The watch has Braun's on the dial. On the movement is Eisenstadt Mfg. I know this is an importer and Jewler of St. Louis some time ago. I have read that this company imported Zodiac in the 20's. I assume that Eisenstadt put private label names on the dial for thier customers, this was probaly a jewelry store named Braun's not the current appliance company. I know this is no Rolex but do I have a nifty little watch with a nice Swiss movement or a fakeo?
thanks

Butch

Quote from: vern on October 20, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
On the movement is Eisenstadt Mfg. I know this is an importer and Jewler of St. Louis some time ago. I have read that this company imported Zodiac in the 20's.

I'd like to see this, please give me the link.

To my knowledge, all Zodiac movements were always marked Zodiac. They did make 2 other brands, called Clebar and Titus, and they were marked with those names. That is all I am aware of.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

vern

Thanks, but this site does nothing with that site so I removed the link.

evghenii

Titus was a zodiacs brand?! I did not know

Butch

Quote from: evghenii on October 20, 2014, 02:32:19 PM
Titus was a zodiacs brand?! I did not know

Actually they were called TITUS Clebar. Search on eBay, there is a couple listed this week.

vern

This watch looks  alok like the Titus models, the hands seem very close.

vern

vern

If I am boring you just let me know and I'll stop.
Looking at the movement, the eisenstadt manfacturing stamping is definalty different than the rest of the markings. unadjusted, swiss, 17 jewels etc. Could esinstadt have stamped over the Titus or zodiac?

Butch

Quote from: vern on October 20, 2014, 03:45:56 PM
This watch looks  alok like the Titus models, the hands seem very close.

That does not mean anything. Swiss watch companies always contracted out the hands, dials, cases, and crystals. Several companies could have used those type hands on their watches unless their was an exclusivity agreement.

Butch

Quote from: vern on October 20, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
If I am boring you just let me know and I'll stop.
Looking at the movement, the eisenstadt manfacturing stamping is definalty different than the rest of the markings. unadjusted, swiss, 17 jewels etc. Could esinstadt have stamped over the Titus or zodiac?

It's never the questions that bother me, its the answers. I doubt it. Never heard of any company doing that. Ultra-Vintage will com tooling through here soon and may have more to offer. Unlike me he looks at all brands. I have never heard of the one you are discussing today.

Ultra-Vintage

Unfortunately not a Zodiac.  That movement is post 20's, is an AS 1187 (or one of the derivatives built in the same style) more 50's along with the fact it has an Incabloc balance.  The Swiss code of EOV is not one I am familiar with, nor can I find a listing for.  Titus's code was ZOV.

Is a nice movement, you will find it in quite a few watches from the era from all different makers.

vern

thank you all for your knowledge and input. Looks like I have just a nice little watch that keeps good time.

Butch

What a coincidence! That is what we collect.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign