News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Service question

Started by Shark1, December 16, 2014, 10:48:52 AM

Shark1

I was wondering how Rolex trained service people are on a Super Sea wolf early 70's.  My guy does a lot of watches in particular Rolex and subcontracts for dealers (Rolex) in the area, and I was wondering if anybody has had good or bad dealings with former Rolex people now in private business.  Should I stay away or just proceed with caution or this should be no problem with the off-set pinion service?  Any Comments would be appreciated.  Thank You Mike Sharkey

Butch

Search for BWG here and you will gain a lot of insight into you question. Your guy's biggest problem will be the lack of parts availability. THEN there is the canon pinion work, not really for the uninitiated.

:BGW:
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:welc welcome to our forum. just" cut to the chase " and use our forum watchmaker, you will be better off in the end and someone who KNOWS all the zodiac tricks will correctly service your watch.

rdenney

Plus, it is almost guaranteed that BWG will be less expensive than a Rolex-trained watchmaker. I think those guys must spend half their training on understanding the Rolex Mystique business model.

Rick " :BGW: " Denney

incountry

Quote from: rdenney on December 18, 2014, 03:07:01 PM
Plus, it is almost guaranteed that BWG will be less expensive than a Rolex-trained watchmaker. I think those guys must spend half their training on understanding the Rolex Mystique business model.

Rick " :BGW: " Denney

Rick,
I located a diagram of the much sought after "Rolex Mystique Business Model" you referred to. I'm certain that understanding it takes up ALL their time!  :lolz;

Ultra-Vintage

jon p

:SB: just remember guys, a rolex watch movement has all the basic parts and pieces as any other good mechanical watch. when you tack "ROLEX" onto it it just demands a much higher repair price. my 1967 rolex date just date stopped advancing, rolex service center wanted $500., yes, i said $500. to repair it. another non rolex watchmaker charged $50.00 to fix it. it works just like new now.    :#Censored :sici :#C

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign