News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Sea Wolf vs Rolex GMT Master

Started by stroudart, August 09, 2009, 12:02:27 PM

stroudart

Bought my first Zodiac Sea wolf in 66 aboard the USS Guadalcanal. it was around $55 I think. I really wanted to buy a Rolex Submariner. But that cost $165 which seemed like an impossible sum. The Sea Wolf was a GREAT watch- kept beautiful time and was much better looking than a Rolex. Still I wanted a Rolex because I was entrapped by the mystique. When my Sea Wolf became badly damaged against rocks while swimming in rough surf, I finally bought a Rolex GMT Master on installments [this was 1974] The Rolex cost $245. my shipmates thought I was nuts to pay that kind of money for a watch. From the beginning, the Rolex never kept good time. It always ran slow. Frequent repairs to fix the stem were in order as I had to adjust time frequently. Finally it was tossed in a drawer to be replaced by quartz watches. I always wanted another Sea Wolf. But before the www. it was just luck to find one. Now I've bought 3 on ebay. My wife thinks this is wasteful, but happy. I'm reliving my past adventures...  

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign