News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

PX seawolf

Started by jon p, September 04, 2009, 10:31:13 AM

jon p

i was an army trainee in may 1968 going through basic training at harmony church training area--ft benning ga.may 10 was my birthday and my wife at that time bought me a black dial date with metal bead bracelet sea wolf at the PX.i still remember it was $55.00 new.i didnt know anything about zodiac but i loved the watch! wish i still had the box--still have the watch and a different wife!i wore it for many years and then retired it for a quartz lcd seiko.a couple of years i traded it off for a fake rolex sub with a friend and then got remorse and he still had it so i traded the rolex back.it will stay with me forever now and it started my zodiac collection which now numbers 10 incl. a recently purchased gmt-now in the shop being tuned up. what is it about zodiac--the memories i guess!   JON P

stroudart

This is is close to my story. My Sea Wolf cost $55 at the ship's store. [Thanks to this post now I'm certain.] I regreted so much I didn't have $165 for a Rolex Submariner. I undervalued the Sea Wolf. Years later I bought the Rolex and it NEVER kept time like the Zodiac and in comparison was a bit "nerdy" as far as appearances went. There is a slightly feminine beauty of a Sea Wolf-say,  like an expensive Italian shotgun. Swimming/Exploring some caves on a rocky shoreline I bashed my arm against some rock. Sea water entered the Sea Wolf and he died..In old times before the web, if you were in a foreign country and something like that happened the chances of getting repair work done was slim. A patina of rust  appeared on the dial almost immediately. Too bad.. The Rolex cost about 4 times as much and never gave good service. In time I learned to love that Sea Wolf -but he was gone. In the days before the net finding one was a matter of luck. Afterwards, for decades I felt like an ungrateful bastard for never appreciating that faithful friend who chronicled the most exciting and romantic moments of my youth.  Ben

eriknehring

Sea Wolf shown above is actually owned by a Hodinkee staff member.  This automatic watch has a 17 jewel, self-winding movement, and is water resistant to 20 atmospheres.I would love to have your watch and to restore it for my collection. Quite a few of my watches are from the original owners and I love having a story behind the watch in my collection.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign