News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New to Zodiac, got a aerospace GMT date question

Started by olrogo, February 18, 2018, 03:41:54 PM

olrogo

Hi,

I just bought my new aerospace GMT and are really happy with it.
I will not use it as my everyday watch and because of that it will be times when it stops between the uses, I'm almost positive that it don't have the "quick date" function.
So I wonder if I need to turn the dials all around until I get the right date or If its ok to turn the time to 12 so it turn the date and then turn it back a couple of hours and the back to 12 again or if it is bad for the watch to be turned counter clockwise?

Thanks in advance
Anders

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

YuriyV

Quote from: olrogo on February 18, 2018, 03:41:54 PM
So I wonder if I need to turn the dials all around until I get the right date or If its ok to turn the time to 12 so it turn the date and then turn it back a couple of hours and the back to 12 again or if it is bad for the watch to be turned counter clockwise?
Anders, pictures of YOUR watch would help us to make sure if it does have a quick set.
If it does not, semi quick set is available on all vintage Zodiac GMTs. Rotate crown between 20:30 and 00:00 back and forth, it will change date much faster than rotating crown all the way around.

olrogo

YuriyV

Yes, this one based on caliber 75 and does not have quick set feature.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign