News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

'67 Sea Wolf

Started by prcrstn8, April 23, 2010, 04:17:52 PM

prcrstn8

My grandfather had a small watch business in NYC in the 50s & 60s. Someone who worked for him moved on to Zodiac, and so my dad bought me a Sea Wolf at cost for HS graduation. I've had it since. If I knew how long I was gonna keep it (and how much I would spend getting it repaired) I woulda taken better care of it early on. Kinda like Mickey Mantle.

But to make a long story short, by the 80s the face and hands were in poor condition from water damage even though the watch ran fine. On a whim during a ski trip to Switzerland in 1990 I went into a watch shop in Geneva and asked if the watch could get a face-lift, so to speak. "Yes, of course." It arrived about 2 months later and looked great. A week after that the luminous inserts in the hands fell out. So back to Switzerland it went and after another 2 months came back looking like this - not original, but close enough.

I wear it a lot and get compliments on it all the time. No one believes it's 40+ years old.

TJW

That's a great story, PRC.  It's good to have a watch that connects back through time to a younger you.  The watch looks great!
TJW

prcrstn8

Thanks.

A tidbit - it always ran a little fast until it came back from the face-lift, then it ran a bit slow. The mainspring was replaced ("heart transplant") about 10 years ago, since then it's been right on the money.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign