News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My first Zodiac

Started by ttu1208, May 03, 2010, 11:55:43 PM

ttu1208

My grandfather gave me his Zodiac SST 36000 a couple of months ago.  It is stainless steel with a stainless steel face, it has the day date feature, and it was in really great shape.  I think its between 1968 and 1972.  My grandfather would only wear those stretchy metal bands on his watches so he replaced this one as well.  The old band was really stretched out and I could not wear the watch.  I started to research the watch on the Internet to get a replacement band, but I have never found one like it.  This weekend I mentioned to my grandfather that I had been searching for a new band, and he said "For what?  I have the original in my closet".  Sure enough I found the original red Zodiac box, and inside was the band, never worn with the price tag of $150 on the back of it.  I put the original band back on it, and wore it for the first time today.  I love it.  Please take a look at the pics and let me know a little more about my watch...what model, year, what is worth even though I won't sell it?

Butch

Nice looking watch. That is an SST dress watch from the early 1970's. Now that you have the band and box it is worth as much as several hundred dollars to the right buyer. Have you read the section on the site about Watch Repair? As your Pop when he last had this serviced.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Maynard

That watch looks to be in great shape for being 40 years old or so. I wouldn't mind adding something like this to my collection. I'm more into vintage watches at the moment.
One of my biggest gift gift fantasies would be a Patek Philippeââ,¬â,,¢s Platinum World Time

jon p

:o nice watch! in great shape. isnt it something what you can find in the closet!? i suggest a good cleaning, it has probably been a long time and one this nice sure deserves the attention. that is really a fantastic bracelet. welcome to the forum, you HAVE been bitten by the zodiac bug and now there is no going back. aint it a trip!  JON P

eriknehring

Nice looking watch. I own an original Zodiac Seawolf, purchased brand-new in 1970 for me by my parents as a High School graduation present.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign