News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First Zodiac

Started by johnk987, August 22, 2010, 03:55:02 PM

johnk987

Ran across your site and thought I'd post a couple of images of my first Zodiac.  I bought it while serving in the US Navy in 1967 and it still runs fine.  What I'd really like is a band more like the one it came with but I have no clue at this point what it looks like. 
Anyway, for your viewing pleasure

jon p

welcome to the forum! always nice to have new members. check the gallery section under moonphase for some examples.  JON P

Butch

Nice to see an original owners watch John. Just curious, in the last 40 years, how many times has it been serviced?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

johnk987

Serviced twice.  Initially bought it in 1968 and wore on and off for about 4 years, switching off for a watch that gave me 24 hour time (I was on submarines at the time.  Hard to tell day and night).  I put it aside for a number of years and then had it serviced once in... somewhere around 1983 and again in about 1998.  Sat in a drawer with occasional use until about a week ago.  On my wrist as I type.

zaniac

I never get tired of seeing moonphase watches, but especially the stainless examples. Thanks for sharing and welcome!
FYI, I just picked up a chrono from the original owner who purchased it in 1963 and he's never had it serviced. I wound it enough for one day and it kept time to within 3 seconds. Amazing Zodiac craftsmanship! It will stay unwound until it gets serviced.
Chris

johnk987

The second servicing wouldn't have happened if I hadn't had a cracked crystal.  Figured that, since I was replacing the crystal, I'd give it a cleaning and whatever else should happen.  I wasn't really pleased with the cleaning since Wednesday is dirty, but the watch works well, survived sitting in its case for a while and restarted promptly when picked up and rotated a few times.  Great sentimental value, this one.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign