News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A re-dial CAN hurt you more than you think!

Started by Butch, September 27, 2010, 05:24:06 PM

Butch

Auction 160486464097 - Very rare and nice watch ruined by an incorrect re-dial. Now it is worthless. This is actually a Zodiac Pharoah.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on September 27, 2010, 05:24:06 PM
Very rare and nice watch ruined by an incorrect re-dial. Now it is worthless.

So true.  Getting a watch dial re-done is always a last resort for me.  I hate to do it, and of all the watches in my collection I only have a couple that are redials (but atleast they are extremely good redials, not the 2nd grade art projects that I unfortunately see on many of the "restored" watches online).  This watch was not one that I had even seen before, shame it has such a flaw now.

jon p

;D please let us know what you guys see wrong--a lot of us are trying to learn how to spot the crap that is out there.    JON P

Butch

I know that watch, seen less than 7 for sale in the last 15 years. It is not a Corsair but a Pharaoh, also the fonts are not Zodiac fonts on the dial. Imagine your GMT being redone and saying Sea Wolf on it, in the wrong font.

Wonder if he is a member here? He listed it at $750 yesterday and today it is selling for $350.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Sea Wolf

I am watching both of the videos on the auction page at the same time, it's giving me either a headache or semi buzz  :-\
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign