News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1960s Zodiac Sea Wolf - watch now found

Started by PeteRobinson, June 18, 2011, 04:01:49 AM

PeteRobinson

Hi all
I'm looking for a 1960s Zodiac Sea Wolf watch - this is as a daily wearer, I'm not a collector.
It is a 50th birthday present to me from my wife... we've been looking for a while but now happily found Butch & his website and forum.
Here's a nice example I found (too late!) on here: http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=540.0
I'm based in the UK, and will pay via Paypal.
Would really like to get one on my wrist soon, as I've been waiting a while for my birthday present!
Cheers, Pete

thesheiladivine

PeteRobinson

Not very - about a five hour drive!

Either white face, or black face considered - but definitely a 1960s model wanted.

thesheiladivine

There's a fairly nice black face ending on ebay soon, if you're willing to pay the price: Item # 330577204765

Or are you looking for an original stainless steel band too?  If you're open to black and white face, these come up on ebay all the time, white much less frequently.  I even see them from the UK regularly.

I'll be in London on June 25 to 26, and I would have showed you my white face, but you're a bit far away for that.  I'm not sure I want to part with it right now either.

My suggestion to you is to be patient, check the USA ebay listings and get the right watch that you want.  When you win, have it sent directly to Butch's Watch Repair guy, who can service and polish it, so you can wear it on a daily basis with little concern.

thesheiladivine

And now that black sea wolf is $100 cheaper on ebay:  Item 330579453674  :wehe

PeteRobinson

Thanks for the tips - much appreciated. Butch is guiding me through the process of patience!!
I'll certainly take your advice on the servicing. Have a safe trip to the UK.

Butch

Quote:
Butch is guiding me through the process of patience...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

PeteRobinson

Very good! Any news from your contact yet?  :beer

PeteRobinson

Still looking for a 1960s Sea Wolf... like this http://bbwatches.info/zodiacseablacksteel14.php
Black or white face, metal strap preferred. Please get in touch if you have a nice one coming up for sale.

PeteRobinson

Thanks to Butch & his contacts, a stunning (white face) Sea Wolf is coming my way... now just need to find a SS band.

:wehe

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

PeteRobinson

It's a beaut! Although I don't have the full history yet I'm told it saw military service... the guy was obviously very careful!

jon p

:ur    VERY NICE---i love the white dial, it is easier for my tired old eyes to see. your new one is in exceptional condition, nice un worn bezel and beautiful dial/hands. how does the back look? keep up your search for an original bracelet, they ARE out there. i looked for 2-3 years and finally lucked up and got one i COULD afford. stay away from the stretch type, the springs are always weak/broken and about impossible to repair. i tried one, and sent it back for a refund, i just did not like the way it fit. be proud of your SW, preserve it and enjoy it! do you know its service history?

PeteRobinson

Hey Jon - thanks for your kind words & encouragement.
The watch is coming to me fully restored & serviced and will be my daily wearer.
It saw action with its original owner in Vietnam, although I only know he worked a bit on trucks etc - not much detail.
Nice to have a beautiful, historic and useable timepiece for my 50th birthday.

Sea Wolf

Locate an original band and it will feel complete.  It took me years to find one, but once I did, I found 2 more.
Just keep looking and you'll find one.  The Sea Wolf really needs the original band to feel just right.
Enjoy!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

PeteRobinson

reydelaplaya

A suitable plan B so you can at least wear the watch while you search for an original bracelet is to get one of these old-skool Tropics with curved ends on there.  They're the old rubber diver's straps, and a white one with curved ends with that white dial looks awesome:

A quick search on eBay results in the following kinda pricey one. But, if you like how it looks, keep searching, sooner or later you'll find one at around $40.

Good luck!

Sea Wolf

Quote from: PeteRobinson on July 13, 2011, 04:14:25 PM
Sounds like you have two spare then  ;D

I wish they were spare bands.  Put them on a white face zodiac like yours and a GMT.
You will find one, just may take a lot of time searching the bay.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign