News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1990's Zodiac Crown Repairs Are Now Possible!

Started by Butch, October 14, 2013, 11:56:25 AM

Butch

Good news! BWG has found a Swiss supplier for screw down crowns for the 1990's Zodiacs. As most know, these crowns were a once piece stem/crown combo that once broken, or stripped, was not repairable due to a lack of parts.

BWG took my 1990's chrono and removed the tube, drilled out the case, installed the new tube, then added a 2 part stem and crown. Of course they are unsigned and ever so lightly smaller, but I can wear my watch again.

The new crown and tube that has been installed on this chronograph is in the same technical style of those originally found on the vintage Super Sea Wolf.  However, the way that the new tube is installed ensures a tighter seal than the original for these watches.  The replacement tube has inside threads, is longer to allow for deeper contact with the crown after it is screwed down, and has an interior gasket that doubles up with the gasket in the crown to allow for a better seal.  Most importantly, they are Swiss made and their quality is much improved over the originals used in the 1990 Zodiacs.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign