News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New Member and My First Sea Wolf

Started by EClark, October 06, 2010, 09:06:03 PM

EClark

Hello All, New to the forum, but not to watch collecting.  I collect predominantly vintage watches.  This week I came accross 2 Zodiacs.  The first is a Silver Point diver, quartzy from I'm guessing the 90's, and the other is a blue dialed sea wolf automatic.
I have done a bit of research, but cant seem to find a serial number database to find out exact age.  If anyone has anything to share about them, please do.  thanks
the numbers on the case back of the silver point: 213.09.23
the numbers on the sea wolf:2744677, 86404
Ted

Butch

Welcome aboard! You are correct on all counts. The kortz is from the 90's and the SW is from the mid-70's (there is some info and catalog pics of this model in the forum somewhere). There is not serial number list that anyone has ever found.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

EClark

Thanks the SW is going to take a trip to service and get cleaned and oiled, i've been running it for approx 3 days and its within +/-7-9 sec a day.  I also read somewhere that Zodiacs in the 90's were made in the zenith factory in Le Locle Switzerland.  Is that correct?

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

TED, welcome to the best watch forum on the net!! you have a couple of NICE ONES there. the quartz model is  one i have 3 different ones like it, they are really nice watches but dont have much following because they ARE quartz movements. they have a high quality jeweled movement and i really love to wear mine--very light and comfortable.your blue dial SW is NICE. sounds like it is running well, i think about +/- 5 sec a day is factory new specs. bezel is typical for that model,never have seen one with the numbers still on it. i have never seen a factory new one.  JON P

EClark

Thank you! as I have been searching and looking at them (Sea Wolfs) online, I have yet to find one with this dial and marker configuration, I really like the triangle markers at the 12,6,9 on the ones I see in the gallery here.  The bracelet is Zodiac, but I'm not sure if its original to this model.  I really appreciate the help! 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign