News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

No more waiting Jon...

Started by dmh, January 09, 2014, 02:16:12 PM

dmh

Not sure how old this G Shock is, but it was one of their first Solar powered Wave Ceptor watches. Not an expensive watch when introduced. I think Wal Mart sold them for $59.95. I picked this one up for less than half of that. Great watch when working. You always have the correct time and no battery to worry about. I used it to set all my Zodiacs. Problem is, mine is not working. It won't hold a charge even when exposed to bright sun light all day long. I was wondering if this is an easy cheap fix or should I just chunk it.
Best to all,
dmh

Ultra-Vintage

Hey DMH.  Every G Shock that I have worked on had a capacitor, and if the watch will work otherwise (besides keeping a charge that is), then it should just need a capacitor replacement.  I can still get the correct capacitors for many of the Casios, it would just depend on which one your watch takes.  The last time I bought one the price was less than $20.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dmh

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on January 09, 2014, 02:48:06 PM
Hey DMH.  Every G Shock that I have worked on had a capacitor, and if the watch will work otherwise (besides keeping a charge that is), then it should just need a capacitor replacement.  I can still get the correct capacitors for many of the Casios, it would just depend on which one your watch takes.  The last time I bought one the price was less than $20.

The module # is 2608. The model # is GW-300. It was all working until it quit charging. Glad to hear my Atomic Solar G-Shock my be saved.
Best to all,
dmh
:ur

Offshore

It takes a CTL 1616 accumulator.
We sell 'em for A$15 - http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=165
Less for forum members.
Offshore

Sea-Bee

I did the same to my G-Shock GW-300

I bought mine over 7 years ago.  Fixed it (also reset it too) after replacing the "battery" *accumulator*.  Still works fine now. 

:woohoo;

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign