News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vickers Astrographics

Started by zaniac, November 04, 2010, 02:55:28 PM

zaniac

What's the story on the Vickers 1200 Astrographics? I've only seen the designation a few times and only on Astros.
Is it supposed to be even more accurate than the standard SST?
Chris

Butch

No! Just a later model they made, probably for some store with that name. I find it funny that on those they did use hands instead of disks. Also, the recent one you say, was the first round one I have ever seen.

Late in their hey day Zodiac saved money by making new models out of mostly old parts.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I had wondered about that one too.  Not one that I had seen before.  I considered bidding on it, but I am not a big fan of hands instead of discs for the astros. 
I have NOS crystals for that watch but did not know exactly what model they went to until I saw the auction, but Astro dials like that are a first for me. 
Almost reminds me of QBert, totally 80's! 8)

zaniac

UV, do your NOS crystals actually say 1200 Vickers on them? Or is it written on the dial?
Butch, is there any form of Astrographics in the 80's Zodiac catalogs?
Chris

Butch

In the late 80's Zodiac emulated the Rado's of that time. They had moved on past the models most of us collect. Given the dearth of available specimens I am presuming they were not nearly as successful with that line.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: zaniac on November 05, 2010, 07:37:52 AM
UV, do your NOS crystals actually say 1200 Vickers on them? Or is it written on the dial?
Butch, is there any form of Astrographics in the 80's Zodiac catalogs?

The crystals were just plain.  That was the first Zodiac that I had seen that said Vickers.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign