News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Gold Point Chrono 90's

Started by Sea Wolf, May 02, 2011, 08:34:19 PM

Sea Wolf

The 90's Gold point Chronograph has a signed crown.
Here is a scan from the 90's catalog.
Some of these watches you will find have replacement crowns that are not signed and may not work like mine  :-\

If you know of a way to fix the crown stem on these watches, please let me know.  Mine was fixed for a while, but
I was not careful enough and it broke again.  Now I have to wait until the time is exact on the dial and shake it to start.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

JDS (Ohio)

I saw an almost identical looking Gold Point automatic chrono on ebay the other day, would it be worth looking at to use as a parts donor for yours?  That's assuming it's still a live auction.  Unfortunately, I didn't save it in my watch list, as I was not interested in one at this point.  I don't remember the price, and I don't think it looked quite as nice as yours.
John

Sea Wolf

I saw that one too, it closed for around $410 but it did not have the original crown.  The seller said it worked fine but
did not know if the original owner had the crown changed.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Ultra-Vintage

Depending on how worn it is, many of them can be wound by using a motion that sort of keeps the crown pulled out as you are winding.  Not pulling hard enough to bring it out to the date flip or setting position, but sort of winding with an outward motion as you do it.  As these crowns get worn, the springs inside them weaken and do not keep them pushed out in a set position when they are unengaged from the tube.  This outward motion during winding is an attempt to keep it in a set position, allowing it to engage and wind, not slip like it is meant to do as it is being threaded onto the tube.  All screw-down crowns will eventually wear out like this, and you have to replace it with a new one.  Unfortunately for us, the factory Zodiac ones are non-existant at this point. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign