News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

seller says the right things

Started by thesheiladivine, May 08, 2011, 01:09:32 AM

thesheiladivine

So here's a white dial with date.  The seller is saying all the right things, although I'm a little concerned about the condition of the bezel around the edges.  Otherwise, it's serviced (properly from the sound of it) and in great shape.   I'm very patiently waiting for a watch like this, I think.

thesheiladivine

So, question about this watch from goldsmith watch works that sold some years back compared it to what's currently on ebay:

http://goldsmithwatchworks.com/july-18/1967-VIETNAM-ERA-ZODIAC-SeaWolf-AUTOMATIC.htm

Is that an alternate original wristband?

When I first started looking at white dial w/date seawolves, I thought this was about as pretty as they can come, but as I've learned more and looked at more watches, I've become skeptical of this seller's products.

Butch

Caution is always a good thing. They eventually sold it and the current owner was trying to sell it on eBay a couple weeks ago. It was discussed in this forum as a matter of fact.

The appears to be an original Swiss divers band on that watch. Funny they do not show the under side of the clasp though...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

8) 8)  hey, the first thing i noticed was butches watch guy serviced this one recently----that makes it a great buy cause you KNOW it is RIGHT!!! he states it IS a champion bracelet. if i was looking for a white dial i WOULD jump ON THIS! even looks like the correct color lume was put back on the bezel triangle. a little brassing around the bezel is just a fact of life with these,better left as is ,attempts at replating i have seen were NOT good. i just dont understand why zodiac used such a poor bezel on a high quality working watch. too bad we didnt buy up a bunch of new bezels back in the day! NICE ONE, lets see what it goes for, very reasonable right now considering the history.

Oliver

Hi,

it was actually ME who bought the white Seawolf from Goldsmith Watch works last year! You can tell from my avatar and I have showed it in a thread here ...

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=750.0

I liked it a lot (Butch, I don't think that I tried to sell it on ebay again), the bracelet was also very nice (and is rare!), only the first two links on the upper part didn't expand (as described), the only thing is: I cannot find the watch in my collection! I know, this sounds ridiculous, my watch collection isn't that big and most of them are in cases, I just have no idea where I might have put it. Very strange indeed, I very much hope that I find it again soon.

thesheiladivine

Hi Oliver,

I think the watch Butch referred to had a red painted arrow on the bezel that was also from GoldWatchco.  The one you bought looks fantastic, so hopefully you'll find it soon.

thesheiladivine

The seller relisted the watch because  of an engraving.  It's concealed and shouldn't be an overly difficult part to replace if it bothers someone.

Oliver

Hey, at last! I have found my white dial Seawolf! I was just about to sell one of my watches (a Stowa Airman), I opened the metal case where the watch is housed, and, what was inside?? My white-dialed Seawolf, kept in dark for several months  :o. Very happy to have it back.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign