News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Professional

Started by lds, May 13, 2011, 10:00:48 AM

lds

Hi. I am new here and no nothing about watches. I have a few questions about the watch that I do have. It is a Zodiac. It has a two tone stainless steel watch band. It has a black face with no numbers but the where the 12 should be it is triangle. It has a black dial on the face that is numbered 10-60 and you able to turn it in one direction. On the face of the watch it says "Professional 200 meters". It also had the date(number only). There is also a red do on the face between where the 4 and 5 numbers would be if there were numbers on the face. The word Zodiac is also on the face and on the s/s watch band.
I have gone through all the pictures of watches on this site and cannot find anything like I have.
If anyone could tell me anything about what I have, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Linda  :D

dawej

Hi and welcome!
I'm pretty sure it's just called something like Zodiac "Red Dot" Professional 200m Diver. I think it can be dated to around early 90s.

Google picture search on "Zodiac "Red Dot" Professional 200m Diver": http://www.google.com/search?hl=sv&safe=off&q=Zodiac%20%22Red%20Dot%22%20Professional%20200m%20Diver&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1283&bih=890 .

The first result is the one you have, right?

It was sold during the Willy Gad Monnier-era (a former Tag Heuer worker who gave his newly purchased brand a Tag Heuer influence). It has a quartz movement, I guess value is perhaps around $300 depending on condition.

I think I got it right. If not, other members can drop in and correct me. And perhaps give a further explanation of the different point series.

longview65

$300.00 is WAYyyyyyyyyyyy   too high for that model!  At tops it should likely be around $125.00

lds

Thanks Dawg. I checked out the link that you posted and the one I have is 121384977 with the exception that the strap on mine is two tone. Silver on the outside with gold down the center.
Do you know where I can go to get it appraised? I am in Canada.
Thanks in advance.

jon p

nice watch, though it is quartz movement, i agree with long, in pristine condition about 125.00  with original bracelet on a good bid day on ebay! so many you see for sale are missing original and that lowers the value. be careful, on some of these the screw down crown can strip and there are no repair parts. in the forum info section butch shows why these break. i like this model, i own one and wear it some. at least with the high quality quartz movement it keeps running and you do not have to unscrew the crown often, less IS better on this one!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign