News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Goldenline Chronometer

Started by dawej, June 09, 2011, 07:57:23 AM

dawej

I found this watch in a local shop. Does anyone have some information about it?

Remember seeing some Kingline Chronometers, but what about Goldenline?

9k gold plated?

It is supposed to be in very good running condition, what do you think is a reasonable price for the watch?

Thanks

Butch

It is from the 1960's line of chronometers. About 2 MM bigger than most other watches at that time.

Nice find, been looking for one of those for years now.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dawej

Ok, thanks.

What do you think is a reasonable value?

Butch

That is tough, but here are my thoughts. AFTER a service and crown replacement, $300-500 retail?

dawej

Ok, thanks. Good to know an approx. range.

But what did you mean by "crown replacement", does it look like a non-original crown? And is this 9k gold plated?

Thanks, really appreciate your answers.

Butch

Maybe it is just the picture, but the yellow gold plating looks to be worn off the crown. If that is a stainless crown, then it has been replaced with the incorrect crown.

I have never seen anything from the 60's or 70 that said what type of plating they used. Typically, for watches, it was 10K or 14K though. In the 90's Zodiac went to 18K plating for value and thickness.

Ultra-Vintage

Great find.  Always nice to add a certified chronometer to the collection!

dawej

So, I ended up buying the watch and got it today. The dial looks really nice, although some of the hour indexes does not match up with the outer minute indexes. The gold plating appears to be in good condition, just a little wear on the lugs. I haven't really figured out if the crown has got it's gold plating worn of or if it has been replaced. On the picture it definetly looks like the later option but the pic don't do it justice at all. Compared to my Seawolf the wolfs crown is of much shinier silver tone.

The crown is quite hard to handle, I will have to let my thumb nail grow out a bit. It's not very big and to me it does not feel that robust, quite "worn" aswell. Perhaps it's just me not being used to small dress watch crowns. Though it works well winding and it has got a nice resistance when setting the time. It does not appear to have a quick set date. Next time I get a chance I will open it and will try to see wich movement it has.

Also, it has some marks between the lugs. At 12 o'clock, it has got the following engraving: "|673|||". At 6 o'clock, the text is much smaller but I think it says "PLAQUE G 20" followed by some kind of stamp that looks like a little box with the letters "SAB" or "SAD" inside it. Not even my hawk eyes can read it.  :D

Right now I will go for black leather band, but I think I will get a camel leather hirsch band. The watch will definetly get some wear this weekend!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign