News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

The watch that time forgot ...

Started by Four_Virtues, June 09, 2011, 06:42:57 PM

Four_Virtues

Hi, guys ... newbie here. Am trying to identify my Zodiac, which I received as a gift in the early '90s. I'm attaching what is apparently the only photo of this watch in existence , as I have spent many nights searching the Internet for photos and/or other info about this watch. All it says on the face is "Zodiac" and "Professional/200 meters." Oh, it's apparently a Gold Dot watch. The watch in the photo is not mine, but looks the way mine did until a year or so ago.

Thing is, it used to be a beautiful watch and it has tremendous sentimental value. As such, I'd like to rehabilitate it. Unfortunately, I lost the bezel in a motorcycle accident last year and am holding back having any work done until I can find a replacement (which I gather is apt to be an uphill battle). It also needs to have the face repainted in the original Mediterranean blue and a new crystal. I'd go ahead and have the usual service done along with a new battery.

Can anyone help me out? I'd love it if somebody had a bezel they can sell me, but at the very least I'd also appreciate any info on the watch.

Sea Wolf

I just saw this one on ebay and it sold for $200.  Parts will be impossible to find almost.
Best chances you have are to purchase the same model on the bay and use those parts on yours to restore it.

Butches watch guy can restore it, but the bezel and dial may be hard to find.

That model does come up for sale now and again.  The photo you posted looks like the one that just sold.

That is a 90's Gold point and they made the same watch in an automatic version as well.

Welcome aboard and good luck on your hunting.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

What are the numbers on the back Four?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Four_Virtues

Hi Butch ... love the site -- it's a great resource.

To answer your question: 306.29.09

Butch

According to that model number that is a kortz model from the Gold Point Collection. My advice is, put it in the drawer and move on. There are no parts for that watch, other than the movement, anywhere in the world. This will save you a lot of grief, aggravation, and wasted time. There, right between the eyes, and it is over now. Feel better?

Or you can watch eBay and pray. Sorry man, I wish I had better news for you.

Four_Virtues

Gee, Butch, don't hold back ... I can take it. ;-) Seriously, thanks. I've tilted at enough windmills ...

Butch

I know Brother, I know. I went through that with my grandfather's watch. Just as easy to pull it back out and look at it I guess.

Thanks for taking it as intended Four.

fk3

Quote from: Butch on June 10, 2011, 12:01:39 PM
According to that model number that is a kortz model from the Gold Point Collection. My advice is, put it in the drawer and move on. There are no parts for that watch, other than the movement, anywhere in the world. This will save you a lot of grief, aggravation, and wasted time. There, right between the eyes, and it is over now. Feel better?

Or you can watch eBay and pray. Sorry man, I wish I had better news for you.

I know that this is an old topic, but I have this exact watch (it's my everyday watch and a great time piece) -- the jeweler I purchased it from may have a line on repairs of replacement -- I had an issue with a bent stem a few years back and was worried that it was a goner, but they managed to have it repaired for me. 

The watch replaced a Citizens my sisters and brother gave me as a graduation gift -- I broke the crystal and went in for a repair and bought the Zodiac as a gift for myself when I finished my post-grad work.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign