News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Got to be from the 80's

Started by zaniac, July 19, 2011, 10:44:05 AM

zaniac

Never seen before. Check out how small the date window and movement is :o
Chris

Butch

Late 70's or early 80's. A period where they were getting creative and mixing and matching parts of watches to make new models. Very innovative and the cost savings on development was huge for them. That is an auto movement from a lady's watch. Notice the re-stamping of the model number in the case back as well.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:wehe  unusual factory melding of parts,i guess it works. too girlie looking for me though!  that movement sure looks lost in there doesnt it?!

reydelaplaya

I have one of those.  I'm pretty sure I uploaded the photos here a while back... yeah, found the post, but only part of the pix.  Looks like the photos didn't completely survive the server switch, but it was in this post: http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,300.0.html

It's so big, it's ridiculous, considering the time period it's from. Still slightly dwarfed by today's bling! LOL

That dial is different than mine, as mine is solid high gloss black, no texture, and my case is polished GP, not brushed. Mine does, however, have the correct numbers stamped on the inside of the caseback (no corrections). I'll dig around and see if I can find a photo of it for you guys.

Let me know if you want it. I'm game to let it go for 1/3 of what that guy's asking. ;)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign