News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Introducing myself, then my watches & one question

Started by L. Ocle, July 25, 2011, 05:25:03 AM

L. Ocle

Hi, new here.   :new

I've contacted Butch some times before time ago to ask for Zodiac info and used to check the site from time to time, but never registered. Recently, for some various and different reasons, I've decided to focus my watch collection on Zodiac, so I believe my place is here. So I registered and here I am. I'll go showing my watches from now on, if you are interested.  Wanted to start with a rare one, but can't find the pics in this pc. Later I'll do.

Aside of this, I'd like to know if there is anywhere or you have collected here some info about Zodiac serial numbers and its dates.

Finally, I'm working in a not so difficult to do Zodiac calibers  equivalence board with their base calibers. If someone have done this before, please let me know and I'll save work!!  ;)

Thanks, see you often from now on.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:welc        it is always nice to welcome a new zodiac fan!!

L. Ocle

Thanks for the welcome. Here it is the one I wanted to show you. A Sea Wolf with coffin case but with an unusual dial. Of course, all the watch is ok, but I have some doubts about dial and hands. Have you seen one like this before?

jon p

:wehe    ok, nice one, VERY unusual for sure. i have never seen one like this, BUT my zodiiac experience is limited, i have only been  collecting 5 years. we will see what guru butch says! is that the crown for the bezel at 10 oclock? internal bezel unusual.

L. Ocle

Hi, Jon. Thans. Yes, everything is on its place; sorry for the poor only pic, still getting used to this forum technical requirements... Both original crowns at 2 and 10, correct movement. Is just the dial (and hands) who makes me think, but I believe it to be original, since it looks like to much work to re-do it and after it placing the 3-D markers one by one again.

If you think at it, cromatically it's just the negative of the usual coffin case Sea Wolf, so it may be all original, but is the only one I've ever seen, although my Zodiac hunting time is not that long, also.

I've got some Zodiac catalogues, but none of Sea Wolf, so I don't know if it was an official model.

Sea Wolf

Going from the 1975 Catalog, it looks original.  You just have the white face that is mostly never seen.
The black face is the only version I have seen in the old catalogs.  Still it looks original.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

L. Ocle

Thanks, Sea Wolf.

This helps me to stay sure about it. Do you have any scan of that 1975 catalog?

Butch

All original, no worries, just a bit worn. The SST SW was not made very long so most have not seen them. There were actually 3 different versions of that model.

As for the catalogs, they will be online very shortly and members will have a chance to Be an Informed Zodiac Collector and purchase access to them all.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

Great news on the catalogs, Butch, I've always wanted some reference that would help place a given model in the chronology.  I also wish I'd bought that Zodiac parts / model cross reference PDF that you used to sell years ago, it would really come in handy now.

If anyone is interesed in the coffin case Sea Wolf, George W. Olney was trying to sell one for his watchmaker, awhile back.  If you contact him, he might still have it.  I think George registered here, but if not, I do have his email, or you can usually find him on the EOT Ultimate Dive Watch forum  http://www.equationoftime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3.
John

L. Ocle

About this catalogs thing, I can help with sokme Spanish ones, if needed. I guess they will have same models, same serial numbers, but will be great to check if there's some difference.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign