News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Sea Wolf arrived - and the hands fell off

Started by PeteRobinson, July 25, 2011, 02:40:27 PM

PeteRobinson

Hey guys,
Well my 1960s Zodiac Sea Wolf finally arrived from the guy you hooked me up with - and it looks stunning on my wrist - really beautiful watch & stoked that I finally have my 50th birthday present.
However, unfortunately it has arrived with a fault & the minute hand is loose and falls into a new position each time I move my wrist (other than this everything else seems to functioning OK).
Really disappointed after all this time.  :shuc
I've sent you & the watch guy an email to see what help and advice you can give.
Cheers, Pete

jon p

pete---nice sea wolf, never fear BWG can take care of it! i had one that did the same thing, and it was a worn canon pinion. this is the part that drives the hands. when i got mine i started wearing it as you did and every time i looked at it the minute hand was in a different position. might as well do a 100% service while he has it, then your SW will be like new for MANY years more. the cannon pinion seems to be a weak spot in the zodiac movements as my 24 hour jet had the same problem. most people dont wear the watch to test it and mine if left alone laying flat would do fine. get it to BWG asap, you WILL be pleased with ALL he does, polishing the case,cleaning hands/dial etc. if bezel needs replating he can do that also, check out previous posts for before/after bezel pics. if it is a plastic bezel of course this wont work. the plastic can be polished to some extent to clean it up. let us know what you think when you get it back.

Butch

Jon, you do realize that every time a hand will not move as it should it may not be a canon pinion problem, right? In this case Pete is saying the minute hand flops around, not that he cannot set the hands.

I CAN be a canon pinion if the hour and minutes hands will not set, but will actually keep some sort of time and move when wound. It can also be several other things as well.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

i DO realize it could be another problem----but as i stated , when mine did this BWG said the pinion was bad and replaced it for a fix. i am NOT  a watch maker but i am just drawing on past experience.

PeteRobinson

Well mine has gone from bad to worse. The minute hand and second hand have just fallen off.
For an apparently restored watch this sucks big time. Not happy.

PeteRobinson

Have BWB details from Butch

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign