News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Colorful Dial Auto Chrono

Started by zaniac, August 02, 2011, 04:22:07 PM

zaniac

Anyone else see this one? I've seen this model a few times, but never with this dial.
Brought good money. But with that dial and being an automatic chrono, I can see why.
Chris

Butch

I just thought maybe it was faded. I dunno. That fetched more money than they usually do, for sure.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I agree with Butch, it looked faded to me.  Personally, I thought that price was crazy.  I think there must have been 2 people that wanted it really bad.

jon p

:wtf     i know it says automatic on the dial, BUT where is the rotor in the movement pics?? i dont know much about chronos but isnt the  the rotor  supposed to be on top where it usually is on an automatic watch? this probably is a really dumb question!!!!!    :yeller

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: jon p on August 03, 2011, 09:26:06 AM
:wtf     i know it says automatic on the dial, BUT where is the rotor in the movement pics?? i dont know much about chronos but isnt the  the rotor  supposed to be on top where it usually is on an automatic watch? this probably is a really dumb question!!!!!    :yeller

The rotor on that model is an internal mini-rotor.  That movement basically started out as a Buren 1200 or 1300 series movement with a mini-rotor (I cant remember which without looking it up), that they designed a chronograph module for and added it onto the back covering up the rotor.  Pretty much the same movement as the Heuer Caliber 11's (which was used in the early Steve McQueen Monacos) and other left hand wind Breitlings and Heuers.  That is the reason why the watch ended up going for so high, the same way people always overpay for a chrono with a Valjoux 72 in it, just because of its use in the Daytona's.

jon p

:ur  UV----thanks for the great info!!  internal mini rotor, never would have guessed.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign