News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Jet Aeronaut (24 Hour)

Started by Wes, August 05, 2011, 07:24:53 PM

Wes

I have a Zodiac Jet Aeronaut (24 Hour). Bought new in 1969. It differs from the one shown in the gallery as it has Black time marks between the numbers, not Red marks as the one shown. Were there different models ? Curious as to it's rarity if at all and possible value...

Thanks,
Wes Marquis
whmarquis@aol.com

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Wes

Picture is not to clear, but .......

Wes

This is better..........

jon p

:welc :wehe     NICE white dial jet! i have the black dial with red markers---maybe the white dial only had black markers? i really like the white dial, easier for my tired ole eyes to see. the whit dial is more rare than black. if it hasnt been serviced it is a simple movement and not expensive to get done. the 24 hr dial is not liked by a lot of people--you have to get used to reading it.

jon p

:wtf : :yeller       ebay item ## 190456130548------white dial with RED markers!!!!!!  maybe they changed with a new model??  check out ebay, the good indicator of what watches are selling for, jets are not cheap for sure! when you bought yours it was probably $100. or lower, did you buy it while in the military?

Wes

jon p, Thanks for the reply, I find it a great conversation piece, spent 20 years (Navy) so am quite used to the 24 hour time. Bought it during the TET Offensive 1969. It's been serviced twice with new crystal, etc.

My grandson (age 22) wants to have it very much. He likes the dial and the wind up feature, can't believe I can remember to wind every day...

Wes

Wes

I checked the one on E-Bay, one difference is that it's an (Aerospace Jet) with red marks, mine is an (Jet Aeronaut) with black marks, also the one on E-Bay was made 1960, where mine was closer to 1968/69.

Wes

Butch

Have you looked in the Gallery?

Wes

Butch, After looking in the gallery, I think I have made an error in the name on my watch, I thought it was " Jet Astronaut" seems to be "Jet Aeronaut".  Any ideas on the Black Odd number marks ?

Thanks, Wes

YuriyV

Was reading old topics of the forum and ran into this one. Was curious about the subject and contacted the topic starter with slim hope somebody will respond because this discussion is 7 years old.
Although Wes respond almost instantly and offered his help in getting whole context.
I asked better picture of the watch. And was pleased to know it is still in possession as family heirloom.
We chatted and discussed. And I offered to resurrect the topic with better picture for forum audience, asking collective intelligence about this watch because Wes is still unsure about its originality.
Publishing the picture with Wes'es permission.

Butch

Ultra-Vintage

dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign