News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Refinishing, Buffing, Surface of Silver Astrographic SST

Started by Brenner, September 09, 2011, 01:34:04 AM

Brenner

Hello,
New member here, glad to see a bunch of people still crazy about Zodiacs.  So I inherited a Silver Astrographic SST from my Dad similar to my avatar but silver with the blue face and black dial.  I also recently acquired a nearly mint condition gold version of the same exact watch which I will now consider to only wear during special occasions.  Now I've been wearing the silver one on a daily basis, it's got some slight scratches on the bezel and on the crystal.  I'm curious if anyone has had their bezels re-buffed or refinished while keeping that steel-brushed look and also to resharpen the edges a bit.  Any ideas?  Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Brenner

Butch

A lot of us BWG for the service work, and the buffing is part of that. If it get too bad then if could be a challenge to return it to factory look though.

I take it that you have had both of them serviced recently before wearing them?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Brenner

Hey Butch,
Thanks for responding.  What's BWG?  Would you know of any trusted places in the Northern VA / D.C. areas that could do service on mine?

-Brenner

Sea Wolf

BWG = Butch's Watch Guy.  Click on "Watch Repair" menu at the top of the page to get info on servicing your Zodiacs.

A lot of us here use BWG to service and restore all of our vintage Zodiacs.  BWG is the best and very reasonable with price.

Email Butch to get more information.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign