News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Swiss Formula Info

Started by Yankees76, September 14, 2011, 05:04:55 PM

Yankees76

Yes, the early 1990's plastic bezel version! Since I was just a high schooler who didn't care anything about watches in the early 90's, I've never actually seen one.

So I have a couple questions.

What size were these made in?

What's the quality like? They look like TAG Heuer Formula 1's from the late 80's - is the quality comparable or was Zodiac just doing an homage since Monnier used to work at TAG?

Are they worth adding to a Zodiac collection - if so at what price?

Here's a pic just to stimulate some conversation. :)

Sea Wolf

They do look Tagish.  Keep in mind they are all quartz, so price should be real low.
The catalogs have all of those models and they made many different models.

I have one quartz zodiac I purchased just for the band, so it's real light and kinda feels, you know quartz.

I just personally do not like the quartz models.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

longview65

The pic isnt all that clear but from what I can see........  I like it!  :)
Is it for sale perhaps?
What's the mm diameter NOT including crown?

Yankees76

Sorry I don't own this one, so I can't even get a clearer pic. I saw this one online and was curious to learn more about them. The Quartz aspect I know about, but size and quality I'm a little unclear on. My gut tells me these were smallish, and of entry level quality for a Zodiac of that time period.

Butch

All of your observations are correct and to answer your last two part question, a resounding NO.

Just my 2 cents. If you want further info you can read all about them in the online 1990's catalogs.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Nateb123

I always thought those Tags looked like garbage anyways.  Although I must say I think most Tags look like garbage.  Designed to sell but not designed terribly well.

jon p

8) i own one of these with the blue bezel/ blue and red dial that i picked up real cheap on e bay. it has the original bracelet.  it is just like the same TAG from the period of time, i believe they both used the same 7  jewel mvt. not my favorite zodiac by any means BUT it runs good and wears well, and gets a lot of compliments when i wear it. these ARE a part of zodiac history and every collection should have one.if you can get one around 50.00 in GREAT condition go for it, i did and i am not sorry!!! they are available in a lot of colors, both bezel and dial. plastic bezel will wear very easy but new bezels pop up for sale often--i bought 2 NOS for .99 each about a year ago. look at ebay ##320757690207 for the metal bezel model, i think it looks better. the pic looks good, but hard to tell actual condition, what is the price?? they are about 35mm, sea wolf size. i believe there was only one size available.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign