News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

sizing JBC jubilee bracelet

Started by jon p, October 11, 2011, 01:48:41 PM

jon p

:helpme :helpme :yeller :yeller :yeller ok i give up!!! how the hell do you remove links from the jubilee bracelet?!i see the holes and i feel something spring loaded but when i push in on it nothing happens. i have a jubilee on my new gold/ss gmt and it is REALLY A LONG ONE! i have it taken up to the last hole on the clasp and it still is TOO BIG. i have a small wrist even though i am 6foot 3 and 210 lb, can anyone help? also , since we are here, is the push to set date crown supposed to wiggle a tiny bit, or is mine just worn?

Sea Wolf

I had the same problem with all of my zodiac bands like that one.

I was sure I would break the spring loaded pin, so I shipped it off to BWG to do it for me.
You need a special tool maybe to remove the link, not sure.

I had asked the same question here a while ago and never got an answer.

Don't break it.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:shuc :shuc :shuc      SW--thanks, this sure is a mystery and i agree i dont want to screw it up!! i have sized a LOT of bracelets but never one like this. some of my vintage bulovas have holes like this but they just have a SOLID pin that drifts out either side. i will let BWG do it when i send him the watch for service.

jon p

:shuc :shuc      i would have thought out of all the zodiac collectors gathered here SOMEONE would know how to size this bracelet!! i bet it is simple, if one knows the trick--thats the problem. those springs move for some good reason, i just dont know WHAT that is!  ULTRA--any ideas???????

orangecorallimorph

Jon,
I have added links because I have the opposite problem, bands always too small. I simply take a paper clip that fits in the holes and squeeze from BOTH sides. It takes a little wiggling and patience but I can always seem to get them apart. I have also added links simply by prying the two outside(small) links just enough to slip off. It is the a simple matter to hook the links and use very small pliers to squeeze back tight. It is impossible to even tell that I have had added links unless you count links from original band. I scored on some JBC jubilee band pieces- parts and have used these to add links to a few JBC jubilees that I have.
your friend, O.C.
p.s. I use a magnifier loupe on my glasses because ,well, it makes it a cinch!
p.s.s.- they do make a tool , look for link-removal tool on the Bay.

jon p

:ur :ur  ORANGE, thanks for the great info, i had not thought of using a paper clip bent to shape, i couldnt find anything that would go deep enough into the holes!! maybe i can get it shortened up, it IS the LONGEST jubilee JBC i own. it is a lot longer than my one owner sea wolf i bought new.

jon p

:ur  ORANGE----i tried the paper clip but nothing would come apart!! i finally pried the outer links open and took out two links that way. i really didnt like doing it BUT IT DID WORK! getting the links bent back together wasnt too easy but i finally got it. thanks for your help, i STILL want to know how the spring loaded pins work! weird way to assemble a watch bracelet.   JON P

orangecorallimorph

Maybe a little WD-40 in the holes? All that is in there is little spring bar. Which I am sure you know how boogered up and stuck they can get. Glad you got the links spread open enough and back together. I have very cool set of little needle nose  pliers that will fit just right for me. The key is patience and I think my magnifier helps alot! -your friend O.C.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign