News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Super Sea Wolf band

Started by Sea Wolf, October 13, 2011, 07:25:36 PM

Sea Wolf

You know the 90's SSW that came with the metal band and rubber band.

Does anyone know if those cool rubber bands are produced today by anyone?

I have looked for a while and can not find any.  They have 2 circles on each band with holes in them
and then slots for the sizing.

Photo below.  I am looking for the band with the circles in the band.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Sea Wolf

FYI, anyone else looking for this style band.  I found the original manufacturer for the Super Sea Wolf 90's rubber band
and they still produce it.  I contacted them to see how to purchase.

Here is the link to the product:

MODEL 281

http://www.bonettocinturini.it/eng/coll_2.php
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

dawej

Great. Please keep us updated, I might be interested in one myself. I have the rubber band, but I am missing that little 'rubber thing' wich keeps it from flopping around. Or is that just a standard one found on most other rubber bracelets?

JDS (Ohio)

Cool, let us know if there is a way to purchase directly (I didn't see any prices, or way to purchase there).  I have one in the zippered case for my SSW, but I think I'd rather keep that original one unworn.

I think I saw a twin, if not the same strap, on the Zeno website, http://www.zenowatchbasel.com/php/zenoview2.php?m=arubk22&c=accessories&v=back, for $35 US.  There was one like it on Timefaactors too at one point, but appears to be gone now.  I have no knowledge of quality for either one, nor have I bought anything myself, from either site.

John
John

JDS (Ohio)

John

dawej

I actually found a Swedish site selling these, I know it's a trustworthy site and they claim them to be manufactured by Bonetto Cinturini. The description also mentions that those specific bands were used for SSW aswell as Heuer Super Professional.

Sea Wolf

Quote from: JDS (Ohio) on October 24, 2011, 11:45:13 AM
Another source for these, about $3 US cheaper, www.chronoworld.com, on the rubber straps page: http://www.chronoworld.com/new/product_details.php?product_id=362.

I just purchased 2 of these.  One to go on my Clebar Super Auto World Time and one for my SSW to replace the original that is now cracking and breaking from overuse.  I'll let you know how it compares to the original.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Sea Wolf

I received both bands and I must say I am very impressed.  They are true to the original in every way, even the buckle is the same.

The quality is top notch for these.  They are not stiff like other rubber dive straps.  No breaking in required.

I highly recommend these.  I paid extra for tracking number with the shipping and they arrived very fast from Japan.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Sea Wolf

Got around to taking a few photos of the new band compared to the original band.

The one in the middle is the original SSW rubber band.  The original feels to be slightly thicker.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign