News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game.....

Started by LexLoci, November 21, 2011, 10:51:29 PM

LexLoci

:wehe I had a good week on the stock market, so when this came up for sale today on the Bay, I decided, what the heck.....Brand Spanking New baby. Not from Thailand! But from Butch's brother from another mother....Tom Dunn (no relation apparently):

Sea Wolf

Winning

That was my 2nd Zodiac, brand new with the kit, same model.  Very nice.

I have never seen someone acquire such a nice collection of Zodiacs so fast. 

Where is the group photo or do you still have more incoming?

You know in some advertisement for that watch, they claimed it to be indestructible.
If you have another great day in the market, can you throw it off the CN tower and tell me if
it keeps working?

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

LexLoci

My Sea Chrono is still enroute from the UK, and several others in my new collection are waiting for me in Houston at my family home there. Those would include the World Time GMT, Aerospace GMT, and Sea Wolf (Orange Dial), which I cannot wait to unwrap. I had two Astro 2000's, but sold one recently, leaving just the one, but it is great.

I promise to take a group shot over the Christmas break, which will hopefully include my new silver Zodiac Diver Man, so I can proudly display them. I just bought a new 20 watch display case to house them all in together when get them all back here to Toronto.

I actually have two more new Zodiacs bought, a 90's red/blue bezel GMT and another two-register chrono (the grey faced one from the 1971 brochure I asked for guidance about before).

I also just picked up a Favre Leuba Sea Raider II for fun (only paid $100) and am speaking with a dealer in Switzerland this week about a Favre-Leuba Deep Blue which is in mint condition, but will cost big $$$. The Bivouac is at the jewellers getting a new band that fits me (original was too small).

I have a few more items off the Bay that I am watching as we speak...not Zodiacs....but cool nonetheless....

Lex

jon p

:ur  LEX, you really scored on this zodiac icon!! wow, NOS!!! there is one  also NOS on ebay now and its up to $800.already. too rich for my wallet, but dreams are fun.

davec73

Someone must've uncovered a box of these recently somewhere cuz they're getting streamed out slowly but surely on the bay. 

Would've loved to snatch a few of these from Costco when they were getting cleared out.

jon p

:what :what :what :what            dave--man wouldnt that have been a find!! i wonder what they sold for?? this is the second incl lexs that have come up NOS.

Sea Wolf

Yea, what did Costco sell the SSW for?

According to Ken Genender, not many were produced.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

dawej

The one up for sale right now is the fourth in a couple of weeks, I think. I will pass on them now, let the buyers use them for a while, let them pay the extra $ NOS costs, and when they list them on eBay in a year or so in used condition, I will SNAP one!

But on the other hand, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. This is NOT a watch you get tired of, once you get your hands on one you will not let it go!

davec73

Heard on TZ back in the day (early 2000's) they were at Costco for $600.00. 

Never saw one myself and probably would not have had that type of cash back then.  (sob)

Of course, you could have bought a military Tudor Submariner (MN) for $1K back then too rather than the $4K - $5K people are asking nowadays.

LexLoci

The fellow who sold me mine told me that it was the last one he had....for now......

Indeed there is one currently up for auction on the bay from a different vendor, and not new like the one I purchased (the blue protective wrappers are off). So...caveat emptor.

I am NEVER going to sell this one. Sorry!!!!

:)

Lex

timemachinewatch

Lex;

Yes, those are all mine. I own the last of the remaining NOS stock.
I'd like to offer them to guys here that can appreciate them exclusively, rather than sell them on ebay.

The higher one on there...guess where he got it?
Told me it was for "a couple friends"...right.
The other one that's bidding is NOT a nos...it is USED
Look at the link removed...maybe LNIB, but not NEW like these.
There really isn't that many left, so if anyone wants one, they need to email me.
The $1290 one on ebay right now is mine, I'm thinking seriously about pulling it and sell only thru here and on my website.
(One, of course, is mine)

LexLoci

Hey man, that is great.  You'll see my recommendation of you here on the page dedicated to reviews of ebay sellers. One day you'll have to tell the guys on here how you managed to score the last of the stock of SSW's. Maybe after you have sold them all, so nobody tries to steal your secret. Anyway, I am glad to see you on here. Cheers!  :ur

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign